Best course of action to fix this deficiency?

Naturalx

Hey,

new to the forum so I apologize if this is the wrong section. I have this girl planted in promix with worm castings, dolomite lime, and Gaia green all purpose and bloom. I’verecently been watering with Epsom salts because the magnesium in my water seems to be very low. But majority of this girl has turned yellow, 4 weeks into flower, ive added some bat guano as well. But since it’s organic I don’t know if it’s needing longer to recover, or if I haven’t corrected it properly.

Attachments

sfrigon1

Seed Aficionado
Hey,

new to the forum so I apologize if this is the wrong section. I have this girl planted in promix with worm castings, dolomite lime, and Gaia green all purpose and bloom. I’verecently been watering with Epsom salts because the magnesium in my water seems to be very low. But majority of this girl has turned yellow, 4 weeks into flower, ive added some bat guano as well. But since it’s organic I don’t know if it’s needing longer to recover, or if I haven’t corrected it properly.
That's alot of stuff . Maybe flush w straight pH water for a bit?

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
new to the forum so I apologize if this is the wrong section.
How long have you been growing? I hate being a relative newb and giving advice to people with more experience under their belt.

I have this girl planted in promix with worm castings, dolomite lime, and Gaia green all purpose and bloom. I’verecently been watering with Epsom salts because the magnesium in my water seems to be very low. But majority of this girl has turned yellow, 4 weeks into flower, ive added some bat guano as well. But since it’s organic I don’t know if it’s needing longer to recover, or if I haven’t corrected it properly.
Did you have a specific reason to add all that? Is it what you normally do? My first guess from my grows is a cal-mag issue. That is the easiest thing to get out of whack and send other stuff going sideways. I've also not seen an issue with one and not the other - they kind of go hand in hand. So adding Epsom (Mg) and not calcium could set that imbalance in motion.

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
Is there any way to look at your roots? I suspect overwatering for starters and way too many nutrients have been added too often.
The roots need some Oxygenated water to flush with. They've been suffocated from lack of Oxygen and turned "anarobic" (?) Harmful bacteria which mess the roots up.
Do you have other plants, in the veg stage?
These will be stunted and the end product will be below par.
You can still do what the members said and you can still harvest something.
The damage is done. Sorry, i've done it many times. I think we all have.
You will survive this and research more and next time,
you will encounter a whole new set of problems to deal with. lol

Funkaroma

Were your girls having a mag defiency before you started adding the epsom salt? Need better pics but from wat i can see. it looks like your girls is having a calcium over dose. Fastest and simplest way is to flush em let em drink for a few days and then repot the in bigger containers of properly amended soil or a big brand soil like FF or roots. Let em jump back on track then nothing but gia green and bloom to the finish line. Only adding other nutrients if the plants start to show a defiency. Second way is to flush em for a week then id just feed em the gia green and bloom for awhile before i start adding in any other nutes.

Justblazin

i use the gaia green products with great results, but my last round i grew too big plants for the size of containers they were in and they ended up rootbound and lacking in nutrients,i tried my usual top dressing but the damage was done unfortunately. some of the plants looked just like that with the super light tops of the plant with the bottom more green than the top not so much the burnt outside edges of the leaves, i think potassium def can also cause leaf edges to burn. not sure if thats the problem but could be a possibility.
when i use the gaia green soil(mix myself) i top dress about every 2 weeks in flower and if the pot size is correct it runs pretty smoothly

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
if the pot size is correct it runs pretty smoothly
I find that I guess on pot size based on the length of veg and the type of plant. Mine will end up in anything from 2-5 gallons. Early on in flower, if you see them needing water more than every 2-3 days up-pot. I have done this with 3 foot tall plants in flower because I guessed wrong.

Justblazin

I find that I guess on pot size based on the length of veg and the type of plant. Mine will end up in anything from 2-5 gallons. Early on in flower, if you see them needing water more than every 2-3 days up-pot. I have done this with 3 foot tall plants in flower because I guessed wrong.
I use the same 2-5 gallons and they work great as long as you don't veg too long like I did last time, I wanted to try and grow a huge tree in a five gallon, big mistake instead of the 5 zingers or more I only got 2 because they hit a brick wall a few weeks into flower and they looked very similar to the pic op posted. The main stems where huge, last time I saw a stem that big I got 8 zings(was in a home depot bucket which is bigger than my 5 gallon pots)but I was using hydro nutes with pro mix instead of Gaia green organic products with pro mix. I will use a 1 gallon if I'm doing a big pheno hunt and just flower them when they are super small. Also I use blumats so I can't really tell if one is drinking alot more than the rest as they are always kept at a good moisture level.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Also I use blumats so I can't really tell if one is drinking alot more than the rest as they are always kept at a good moisture level.
Big clue. They need dry in between watering if you are in soil. Maybe play with the timer or volume on the system as well.

Justblazin

Big clue. They need dry in between watering if you are in soil. Maybe play with the timer or volume on the system as well.
I'm pretty sure that's a myth, in organic soil they should be kept at a good moisture level not to wet not to dry.thats why blumats work amazing no guessing when to water, the plant decides when to drink.
Maybe when not in organic soil that might hold true but definitely not in organics, but even then I still feel like the let the pot dry out is totally bogus. Since I started using blumats I see a significant reduction in herms which leads me to believe that me letting them dry out to much was causing some plants to throw balls
I posted a thread called "the Goldilocks of a moisture zone" on riu that explains this topic

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I'm pretty sure that's a myth, in organic soil they should be kept at a good moisture level not to wet not to dry.thats why blumats work amazing no guessing when to water, the plant decides when to drink.
Maybe when not in organic soil that might hold true but definitely not in organics, but even then I still feel like the let the pot dry out is totally bogus. Since I started using blumats I see a significant reduction in herms which leads me to believe that me letting them dry out to much was causing some plants to throw balls
I posted a thread called "the Goldilocks of a moisture zone" on riu that explains this topic
I'm not talking plant drooping bone dry. but a 2-3 day cycle of soaking once then letting it dry in between. That is why the pot size becomes crucial so this can happen without needing to water every day. If you are in cloth pots then I don't know. But if I have to water after two days I start to think about up-potting. Depending on what stage of growth they are in. It's just what I do and it seems to work.

Justblazin

I'm not talking plant drooping bone dry. but a 2-3 day cycle of soaking once then letting it dry in between. That is why the pot size becomes crucial so this can happen without needing to water every day. If you are in cloth pots then I don't know. But if I have to water after two days I start to think about up-potting. Depending on what stage of growth they are in. It's just what I do and it seems to work.
I'm not talking about letting them droop either, my plants would never droop from drying out. I check on them everyday and I would do the same as you, water around 2-3 times a week depending on how much they were drinking. But I have now realized a constant moisture level works much better, better grown and are more healthy plus I see a reduction in herms. So after reading the article I posted it seems pretty cut and dry... you want your soil to be at moisture level 3 in that article which is not to wet not to dry kind of in the middle but at all times. Just make sure you have enough perlite or what not to keep your roots from drowning and a decent enough supply of oxygen.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I'm not talking about letting them droop either, my plants would never droop from drying out. I check on them everyday and I would do the same as you, water around 2-3 times a week depending on how much they were drinking. But I have now realized a constant moisture level works much better, better grown and are more healthy plus I see a reduction in herms. So after reading the article I posted it seems pretty cut and dry... you want your soil to be at moisture level 3 in that article which is not to wet not to dry kind of in the middle but at all times. Just make sure you have enough perlite or what not to keep your roots from drowning and a decent enough supply of oxygen.
It's just what I do and it seems to work.

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
No, they don’t have to dry out between waterings when the soil is kept at the proper moisture level. The whole purpose of that is because people who use salt based nutrient have to water until runoff. People who grow organically never let the soil dry out because it kills off microbial and other life in the soil.