Benefits of Far red Light on Plant growth

Armdog

RDWC GROWER
I have 2 far red initiators from Rapid Led . I run them for 15 minutes after lights out. Suppose to help the plant to transition to sleep and speed up the flowering process. I just built a supplimental led with 15 IR, 15 photo red and 15 UV. Have not run it with the 4 quantum boards yet. I'll let ya guys know if it makes a difference. Suppose to add to tricome production.

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
I have 2 far red initiators from Rapid Led . I run them for 15 minutes after lights out. Suppose to help the plant to transition to sleep and speed up the flowering process. I just built a supplimental led with 15 IR, 15 photo red and 15 UV. Have not run it with the 4 quantum boards yet. I'll let ya guys know if it makes a difference. Suppose to add to tricome production.
You can get 3 samsung 660 and 730nm 48 pcs. strips on Ebay for around 60 bucks. 16". I haven't hooked them up yet. I am adding CREE's to the light I'm working on now. I buy most of my components from Rapidled.com
I want to try growmau5's Pucks out next.

lakegrow

PICK YOUR OWN
For UV I use the bulbs below and they are much stronger than reptiles and its very hard to find strong UVB for a decent price in led. Been using these awhile bit of a pain getting fixture in tent but BIG difference in frost. Ran a couple cycles in a single tent and difference between tents was large just no work while on with out eye protection. I take the older ones and run in veg to get plants accustomed and for the fact they basically sterilize molds and such.

https://www.solacure.com he has a good article on UV on the site

Turpman

PICK YOUR OWN
For UV I use the bulbs below and they are much stronger than reptiles and its very hard to find strong UVB for a decent price in led. Been using these awhile bit of a pain getting fixture in tent but BIG difference in frost. Ran a couple cycles in a single tent and difference between tents was large just no work while on with out eye protection. I take the older ones and run in veg to get plants accustomed and for the fact they basically sterilize molds and such.

https://www.solacure.com he has a good article on UV on the site
Who’s uv led are you using?

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
I run mine for 15 minutes after lights out. Seemed to speed up budding a little. supposed to put the plant to sleep faster. I have 2 rapid led initiator pucks. You could build on real cheap.
Seems like everyone was chasing the 660 "photo" reds for years, when it is the 700+ "Far Reds" that is the major contributing factor to set the growing wheels in motion. People are throwing way to much 660's and getting this massive stretch on their plants. Need to "chillax" a bit. lol

Armdog

RDWC GROWER
Seems like everyone was chasing the 660 "photo" reds for years, when it is the 700+ "Far Reds" that is the major contributing factor to set the growing wheels in motion. People are throwing way to much 660's and getting this massive stretch on their plants. Need to "chillax" a bit. lol
👍