Beneficial bacteria in rdwc???

angel4us

Super Active Member
I’m using uc roots at heisen recommendation of 6 ml /gallon ... is there any reason to add beneficial bacteria or would that be ridiculous because the uc roots would kill the beneficial bacteria correct ????

Streetpro09

Tester
Testing a theory out....one of my 4 dwc res buckets in flower right now has yet to have a res change. I add a little hydroguard every 2 weeks and keep the water at room temp. Have not seen any ill affects as of yet.

***EDIT*** the roots look no different then ones getting weekly res changes.

That's about how I run my whole grow. I don't have a chiller and temps get to be mid 70s. Every other day I top off water, add hydrogaurd, and adjust ph. I usually I go two to three weeks before I need to change water.

One indicator I use is if my ppm keeps going up even though I've been lowering ppm for several days. It just seems like there gets to be an imbalance of nutrients that can't be corrected by topping of with solution.

InfiniteIndo

Herban Legend
Testing a theory out....one of my 4 dwc res buckets in flower right now has yet to have a res change. I add a little hydroguard every 2 weeks and keep the water at room temp. Have not seen any ill affects as of yet.

***EDIT*** the roots look no different then ones getting weekly res changes.
Interesting, never tried this. Looking forward to see how it goes for you

SoLowDoughLow

Mediocre grower
Theory is....with the plant drinking as much as they do, I dont see how anything can start growing inside. Temps are low enough. I top off daily. I'll be snapping pics of the roots too to show they arent all slimy and nasty.
I've gone very long periods of time without res changes and the biggest issue I always ran into after a few weeks or so wasn't the roots, but the ratio of the nutrients becoming out of whack and causing a lockout.

I've gone very long periods of time without res changes and the biggest issue I always ran into after a few weeks or so wasn't the roots, but the ratio of the nutrients becoming out of whack and causing a lockout.
Makes sense...my first run I was told to make sure I changed it weekly. Did that...no problems but also felt I was losing alot in nutrients by doing so. So far I make sure I add what I lose in the res. So I feed about no higher then the 50% mark when I added back in. I am about half way through flower now without any problems.