Basics

Bodyne

PICK YOUR OWN
Quick couple of questions, I've asked here and there on diff forums, never get a straight answer,lol. Have my own opine, would like to hear others. Few questions:

1. Can you cross a regular male to a selfed female grown from seed? Is bringin the herm issue closer to the top the only issue?
2. I guess Ive read enough so it seems like you aren't supposed to reverse already reversed fems, either from seed or cut?
3. Would reversing later filial regs be better or worse or no difference?
4. If you reverse a reg female with a room full of regs fems, you would get legit female seeds, no? And again, reversing a fem seed with reg cuts in the room would work, albeit bringing the herm gene a tad closer to the top? What about fems seeds or cuts from fem seeds with a female plant reversal as pollen donor?

Prolly redundant, sorry, just want to know the quick answers. If I was trying reversing, would f2's or higher be better or worse? What is the main rule per fem plants, either giving or receiving? Thanks for any participation.

D

Deleted member 60

I sure don't know the answers my friend.... but when i hear folks making claims about what doomsday shit will befall us all if S-1's are crossed/fems are crossed/etc... all I can think of is that a WHOLE BUNCH of the "kush" and 'OG' originated FROM those Organkid S-1's years ago and have been crossed and recrossed to shit ever since...even "S-1'd" again.....

Maybe that's too simple....but folks tend to make shit too complicated....and in this instance...unless they collected landrace seeds themselves and spent extensive time breeding with those seeds...they don't truly know the lineage of the seeds they hold or if they came from S-1's/fems or not.

But I'm high and old.....so discount per usual. :alien:

macsnax

PICK YOUR OWN
1. Yes you can. Odds of some wonky plants are higher though. But IMO it shouldn't stop ya, just check some of the progeny before giving them out.
2. It's a good way to work yourself into a corner. When reversing you're stacking double copies of female chromosomes, and the same genetics. Not sure if out crossing and then coming back to reverse again would be of benefit or not. But it's a possibility.
3. Shouldn't be different than any other plant.
4. Yes to the first part..... I guess it depends on what has happened to the fem seed pollen donor. I would think if your crossing her to different genetics, the outcome should be ok.

I still don't have a 100% understanding on how reversals and fems work. But I'm learning more and more lately. The info above is as good as I can answer given the knowledge I have. I had a fem breeder tell me recently that he likes to pair genetics that are similar, like similar flower times, fruity terps to fruity terps, gas to gas. Says it takes a lot the work out of it. Gets you closer to a stable plant right off the bat.