Balkh Hash Plant

PuffTheMagic

Super Active Member
:cry::cry::cry::cry:

Pretty sure I fucked up all these seeds. Had them in paper towel and most had popped but I moved them into one of my tents where I was starting a bunch of veggies and the heat mat dried them up. Grrrrrrrrr...... feel like they should have broken soil by this point. I stirred around a little to see if I could find the planted seeds and most dont show any new growth. What a fucking noob mistake.

PuffTheMagic

Super Active Member
I think heat mats were invented by the Devil ;) I stopped using them except for keeping the water warm for soaking the beans. I think I sacrifice a little time, but gain a little germ rate.
I normally don't use them, but I am in a relatively new space and I don't have "that spot" yet where I can just leave seeds and trust they will be fine. The real issue is just that I'm trying to do too many things at once and forgot I had them going for a day. The good news is that they are not all dead. 3 seeds are done, but one actually has sprouted and has green cotyledons out and the rest look like the cotyledons are about to pop out of the shells. Keeping fingers crossed.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Something I am trying for clones that need some warmth is having two trays. The heat mat on the bottom with the first tray upside down like a long dome over the mat - then the regular tray with stuff in it.

Oh - make sure the mat (if needed) is not plugged in on the timer like this stoner I know did :rolleyes: 😁

619KGB

PICK YOUR OWN
Sorry for your loss seems the seedlings succumbed to damping off hard to tell. Popping seeds is tricky and found less is more. I still prefer using a mix similar to what you used than soaking in water for 24hrs and or paper towels. Orienting the seed so its tap root is my best advice just lost two to them going in the wrong direction and tried to find them and cut one of them. Last years harvest had over twenty seedlings sprout up all over even on hard pack.

GrowsomethingBill

Dirt Track Maniac 🏆 🏁
:cry::cry::cry::cry:

Pretty sure I fucked up all these seeds. Had them in paper towel and most had popped but I moved them into one of my tents where I was starting a bunch of veggies and the heat mat dried them up. Grrrrrrrrr...... feel like they should have broken soil by this point. I stirred around a little to see if I could find the planted seeds and most dont show any new growth. What a fucking noob mistake.
I was sick a while back and had about 30 dry out n die in paper towels….it happens. But I understand the frustration.

PuffTheMagic

Super Active Member
I was sick a while back and had about 30 dry out n die in paper towels….it happens. But I understand the frustration.
At the point I found them, I should have been able to save more, I think I could have saved more of them but I planted them in a terrible mix that held no water and they just kept drying out farther. Here are the 3 survivors as of today. I really hope I have 2 fems a male here.

IMG_20220511_220942.jpg