Badddoin’s Debacle

Badddoin

Really Active Member
Got everything cleaned up pretty good. I got tired of doing nothing. Got 7 sprouts out of 8 seeds. The other one might decide to sprout yet we’ll see. These are GG4 from ILGM. I grew some on my first grow, and the smokers liked them. Plus I had the seeds already.

A86591C4-56C1-4DAD-9655-EB03F0AA944D.jpeg
One week from dry seed.

Badddoin

Really Active Member
I upped the nutes to 1.0 EC this week for a few days, then up-potted them to 3 gallon cloth pots in FFOF. I’ve transplanted into 1 gallon pots in the past. I’m operating on the assumption that transplanting once is easier than transplanting twice. I hope I’m not missing something. I realize this is not a very exciting part of the grow; I’m creating a photo journal for my own benefit.

They’re under MF2000, 230W at the wall. About 12 inches from canopy at 50%. Been raising the lights one click a day.

(The one with the toothpick is the straggler).
86A74DE2-8ADE-4E4A-AF3A-7BB8EB27E67A.jpeg
63E0D26B-D637-4883-90C5-C61006197722.jpeg
3 weeks from dry seed.

They’re picking up the pace. Gave them a good defoliation. Watering every other day with condensate from the dehumidifier.
View attachment 124654
View attachment 124655
Six weeks from dry seed.
Plants are looking good Badddoin (y)
BRO SCIENCE ALERT 🚨
It has been my own observation that dehu water causes plants to shit the bed in dwc buckets inside of 3 weeks. It may look clean but it picks up all kinds of crap that collects on the dehu's coils. I know that soil acts like a buffer but feeding it on the regular with heavy metal bacteria/mold laden water has the potential of causing something bad to build up and cause that buffer to fail.

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
BRO SCIENCE ALERT 🚨
It has been my own observation that dehu water causes plants to shit the bed in dwc buckets inside of 3 weeks. It may look clean but it picks up all kinds of crap that collects on the dehu's coils. I know that soil acts like a buffer but feeding it on the regular with heavy metal bacteria/mold laden water has the potential of causing something bad to build up and cause that buffer to fail.
It's not bro science. What is bro science is when people say that dehumidifier water = distilled water. When a dehumidifier pulls water moisture from the air, is also grabs everything that is in that moisture, including contaminants and spores. I used dehumidifier water with my blumats for about half a grow and the amount of shit that grew in the reservoir and in the lines was absolutely disgusting. It looked like somebody peeled off a bunch of dried skin and let it soak in the reservoir.

Badddoin

Really Active Member
I really appreciate your input. It may not be bro science, but I’ve yet to find a single article amongst the innerweb experts that casts any shade on the idea of watering plants with condensate water.
I’ve got these things growing in a bucket full of decomposing wood chips, bat shit, fish waste, worm poop. The sterility ship has sailed. That’s exactly why I changed to dirt.

Badddoin

Really Active Member
Well they’ve outgrown the dehumidifier water. They’re drinking every day now. I’ve had to supplement with rotten eggs well water. They all got a serious haircut down under. One of them got her own castle. She descends from royalty and will be getting the colloidal silver treatment. I grabbed a few cuts, and am hoping to get some free seeds from one of them. I’ll probably put them in the flower tent next week and start paying those high-dollar electric bills. 5976C567-C885-4787-A57D-EA3178576CAC.jpeg612BC9B4-5AE3-472F-AA8F-C9F8AA760751.jpegC3E6EC4F-FB2F-430A-AD8F-296C33886CDB.jpeg
Seven weeks from dry seed.

Nobighurry

PICK YOUR OWN
BRO SCIENCE ALERT 🚨
I'll toss my 2cents I tried utilizing my dehu water in coco thought it was a good idea since I pack water but no grow stayed healthy they all develop what looked like mag issues then spiraled downhill

Badddoin

Really Active Member
There’s no sign of balls yet on the plant I’m trying to reverse. I switched it to 12/12 two weeks ago, and started spraying it about 4 days before that.
655F2527-56B8-4837-A46F-007266E8F26E.jpeg
I have a sneaky suspicion that my CS isn’t strong enough. It had a good laser through the water after only 2 hours. I let it go another 1/2 hr., but I think I recall it taking longer. Nothing to do now but stay the course and keep spraying, I reckon. 2A2A294E-5F1A-47F9-B209-2A212B5C6E21.jpeg

Badddoin

Really Active Member
The plants are all happy. Doing a fair amount of defoliating. The one that’s circled (well, sort of circled) has had noticeably longer and thinner leaves than the others since day one. And she’s racing for the lights. Had to super-crop her three times already. It’ll be interesting to watch her finish, and see if my testers think she has any noticeable Sativa effects.
E1FE4216-E522-48A3-B353-3633F7B79BFB.jpeg5CE88E03-3244-4220-A03C-D58829444A14.jpeg
Day 8 of flower.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I have a sneaky suspicion that my CS isn’t strong enough. It had a good laser through the water after only 2 hours. I let it go another 1/2 hr., but I think I recall it taking longer. Nothing to do now but stay the course and keep spraying, I reckon.
I have never reversed anything so take this with a grain of salt - would just pouring it into a shallow dish and letting it evaporate some water off be a viable way to up the concentration between sprays? Or would it go bad? No clue but something to consider or ask someone that knows.