Auto?

Turpman

PICK YOUR OWN
So this plant is from some unknown seed that I think was from an auto line.
I grew one out hear last year it must have dropped a couple seeds. Never sampled last years bud it went in the hash pile. Volunteer grow.
Does it look auto to you? Not much frost or smell. She is flowering nice. I’d like to cross this to some photos to see if I can make something. She is tall just over 6’.
070F71FD-1AAB-404A-B236-46437F5D5A8A.jpeg

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Check the day/night ratio in your area. If it ain't near 12/12 it's gotta be an auto to be that far along.

Turpman

PICK YOUR OWN
Oh ya for sure I have a couple others volunteer in a different spot, must be photo seed no signs of flower at all.
14:45 daylight hrs here right now. She has been flowering for quite awhile.
been dry all summer last night we got 2” been rainy all day. Farmers can’t win lol

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Oh ya for sure I have a couple others volunteer in a different spot, must be photo seed no signs of flower at all.
14:45 daylight hrs here right now. She has been flowering for quite awhile.
been dry all summer last night we got 2” been rainy all day. Farmers can’t win lol
So it's an auto, or a fat hemp plant :)

Bobberr

Really Active Member
Breeder
A semi auto could be the case here
F1 auto/photo crosses contain no auto pheno’s but they do produce faster flowering photo’s with recessive auto genetics that can be discovered in F2 pheno’s …… this could also be a super auto with sativa genetics..

Turpman

PICK YOUR OWN
I’m thinking it may be a herm. No balls though. Does hemp have auto genes in it? LOL I’ll Keep y’all post on my photo crosses.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I’m thinking it may be a herm. No balls though. Does hemp have auto genes in it? LOL I’ll Keep y’all post on my photo crosses.
Hemp is were the gene for autoflowering comes from. Makes sense that it is not frosty, because the auto beans take a few generations to make from what I understand. The 1st generation is a stepping stone towards the eventual auto beans. Not sure the specifics.

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
The Auto trait comes from Cannabis Ruderalis.
Unlike other species of cannabis, Cannabis ruderalis enters the flowering stage based on the maturity of the plant, rather than its light cycle.[6] With C. sativa and C. indica varieties, it is possible to keep the plant in the vegetative state indefinitely by maintaining a long daylight cycle. C. ruderalis, however, will enter the flowering stage regardless of daily light duration. Cannabis geneticists today refer to this feature as "auto-flowering".

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
Hemp, or industrial hemp, is a variety of the Cannabis sativa plant species that is grown specifically for industrial use. It can be used to make a wide range of products.[1] Along with bamboo, hemp is one of the fastest growing plants[2] on Earth. It was also one of the first plants to be spun into usable fiber 50,000 years ago.[3] It can be refined into a variety of commercial items, including paper, rope, textiles, clothing, biodegradable plastics, paint, insulation, biofuel, food, and animal feed.[4][5]

High kev

Yankee seeds
Breeder
Autos are going to have great value for outdoor growers with short seasons in the future. Sativas will be fair game for ya now without a dep greenhouse . Game changer. Northerns can grow weight of sativa easily and cheap now. Good breeders will Keep breeding in the traits that you want and they will continue getting better.

Turpman

PICK YOUR OWN
Well this must be an auto then the way it’s flowering. Now to get some better thc happening. I have 10 God bud and 10 autos popped. I’ll start a new thread of my trials when it starts happening. I’m hoping to get some seed ready for next spring out in the garden. The dep greenhouse is nice but out in Mother Nature is way better.

Weedkiller

Nothing but top shelf
Well this must be an auto then the way it’s flowering. Now to get some better thc happening. I have 10 God bud and 10 autos popped. I’ll start a new thread of my trials when it starts happening. I’m hoping to get some seed ready for next spring out in the garden. The dep greenhouse is nice but out in Mother Nature is way better.
How the God bud do? I ran Jordan of he island gods blue cheese and it was one of my 💪 ever.

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
So this plant is from some unknown seed that I think was from an auto line.
I grew one out hear last year it must have dropped a couple seeds. Never sampled last years bud it went in the hash pile. Volunteer grow.
Does it look auto to you? Not much frost or smell. She is flowering nice. I’d like to cross this to some photos to see if I can make something. She is tall just over 6’.
View attachment 97860
Probably has "Early Skunk" with a 7/8 week flower period in it. We used to begin harvesting around the 1st of Sept years ago. Hardly anyone grew weed that went into middle of Oct unless you were growing Columbian bagseeds.
I really hate seeing all this "auto" being so popular. Pretty soon that trait will be in everything if breeders don't get a handle on it.