Auto top off F+D

Turpman

PICK YOUR OWN
How would you automatically control a flood a drain res level?
I reciently installed a float which adds water only when the res is at its lowest level. Seems to be working but unfortunately to flood my 2 2x4 tables I need to keep my res real full, like 1/4" from the top. And the float as low as I can mount it. Not the best senerio.

Was thinking a solenoid controlled normally open water valve so when the pump is on the valve closes. A float could then add water only when not flooding But there is the time the tables are draining back. Like 15 min. No good. So I'm thinking a time delayed relay maybe. Not sure if ther is one that has an off delay.

May go to a DIY IWS control for the tables and lower them almost to the floor. The system would use a flood and a drain pump, timer, high and low level float switches, 2 time delay relays
Anyone use any other method? I hate the hand method. Life is busy.LOL

shimz

vapest
That's a head scratcher and a main reason why I drain to waste. I think you're onto something with the time delay relay. You should be able to find one with NO and NC contacts that have timed on/off delay. Might not be cheap...

Turpman

PICK YOUR OWN
Ebay china. Have parts on the way for a DIY IWS.
The 5 second timers are so the float doesn’t cycle the pump/relay too rapid. Have a cycling timer on the way to. Little different than a normal didgital timer. I’ll post progress hear.