Auto irrigation pump.

Turpman

PICK YOUR OWN
8 to 20 1gall/min drippers.
Anyone run one of the inexpensive diaphragm pumps?
4.5g/h 40psi.
The pressure compensating drippers need a bit of pressure to work properly and I don’t think a regular flood and drain
Pump puts out enough head pressure.
Anyone running an auto system?

Turpman

PICK YOUR OWN
I want to water coco with a timer pump hose drippers. DTW
I purchased the drippers tomuse the drippers as more flow controllers for each line to keep thinkngs even.
I read it takes a bit of pressure to get the drippers in their controlling range.
Just wondering what people are using for a pump.

I had everything hooked up for 8 pots. But I had cheep drippers and the flow was uneven. I have new better drippers. I'll test them tomorrow with my regular pond pump.

Punisher84

Just some asshole
Most guys run a manifold setup, opposed to the 1/2” line with taps off of it. Think some manifolds have valves to help regulate or shut off flow. I’ve done a bit of research on this, it’s something I want to work towards.

Turpman

PICK YOUR OWN
The diaphragm pumps are very much like an RV pump but run on 110v.
I don't mind if the drippers flow much less then rated just would like the flow Sa me on each one.
Ya valves would be the way to go but I would need a lot.

Turpman

PICK YOUR OWN
I have the morning off tomorrow so I'll do a teast with what I have.
I'm using 1/2" black pipe that Tees does a run down each side of the 2x4 table then connects, pretty much does a circle, to equalize the pressure on each leg.
I have one small hose that comes off the 1/2 for each pot but would like 2 to get even wetting. Thought I'd try 1/pot first.

Turpman

PICK YOUR OWN
I should be able to get it.
It is DTW after all so a little overwatering is OK LOL.
I have programable on and off timers down to 1sec. And and a float controled pump to take care of the waste res.
Would be nice to get 3 days between refilling the res.

Turpman

PICK YOUR OWN
I guess I'm not using a timer. It's a cycle relay LOL. Nice thing is I power off the light timer so it starts its cycle when the light turns on and goes off with the light.
You can set it up to be off for the first cycle or on. I'm on.
I first started using them on food and drain. With a drain res float and pump. That way you can run your main res higher then your table. Like IWS.

image.png

Turpman

PICK YOUR OWN
6 is doable.
I've been using these for a couple runs F+D. I use a second set of time delay relays to control the current. But they have been extremely reliable. Used one on a cloner 10 sec on 15 min off. For months never a hiccup.
Have you used one of these and had one fail?

Punisher84

Just some asshole
6 is doable.
I've been using these for a couple runs F+D. I use a second set of time delay relays to control the current. But they have been extremely reliable. Used one on a cloner 10 sec on 15 min off. For months never a hiccup.
Have you used one of these and had one fail?
Negative on me using one. It just looked stone age, which actually It means it is probably reliable. Think there’s options that can do more now days but you don’t need much more than pump on and off.