Auto Flowers are wonky

baldmountain

Super Active Member
This is my first grow so I may be wrong.

So I have this auto flower that has been in the dirt for a little over 10 weeks. It's starting new pistils like this:

new_growth.jpg

and even new buds like this:

bud.jpg

Is this typical? Or am I just showing my newbieness?

MtRainDog

Blümen Meister
Looks normal? But you probably shouldn't have topped your auto. Topping can slow growth for any plant, and autos behave like they have a pre-determined number of days to live. When you top them, you're robbing them of valuable time for proper bud formation.

If you're worried about an auto's height, just bend the main cola over from early on. It will side-branch into a bushier plant.

baldmountain

Super Active Member
Yeah, chock the topping up to too much conflicting information for a new grower.

Sometimes you get the feeling everything is worked out and predictable, but it isn't. It's organic and will do what it does. I need a few more grows to figure all this out.

I have 3 plants going at the moment. One regular seed that seems normal. Or at least feels normal.

The other two are autos and feel like Frankenstein monsters. Even though they came from the same pack they seem like completely different plants.

sfrigon1

Seed Aficionado
I agree. I choose an auto for my first grow because I thought it would make things easier. But if anything, they seem harder.

My next grow is going to be a couple plants of four different cultivars. All regular seeds. (12 plant limit here.)
Sorry it did not go smoothly. They really are easy . Try starting one inside and putting it outside to finish. They are pretty good smoke in a short amount of time.

baldmountain

Super Active Member
Sorry it did not go smoothly. They really are easy . Try starting one inside and putting it outside to finish. They are pretty good smoke in a short amount of time.
I have a couple seeds from the pack and they are going in big pot outside once it gets warm enough.

And it seems like they are going to take as long as a photo sensitive plant. 🤔

sfrigon1

Seed Aficionado
I have a couple seeds from the pack and they are going in big pot outside once it gets warm enough.

And it seems like they are going to take as long as a photo sensitive plant. 🤔
No it's sixty days total . U have to veg with a photo so it's typically a month at least plus flower . Sorry if that was hard to get I am stoned 😂 and ur plants look fine btw

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
No it's sixty days total . U have to veg with a photo so it's typically a month at least plus flower . Sorry if that was hard to get I am stoned 😂 and ur plants look fine btw
Oddly enough, if you throw a photo seed in the ground on 12/12 from the beginning, it will "auto-flower" whenever the plant is ready - usually 30-40 days. You just sacrifice growth because of less light hours during the veg phase - in my opinion.

sfrigon1

Seed Aficionado
Oddly enough, if you throw a photo seed in the ground on 12/12 from the beginning, it will "auto-flower" whenever the plant is ready - usually 30-40 days. You just sacrifice growth because of less light hours during the veg phase - in my opinion.
Interesting 🧐, do I hear a challenge?? U pop a photo and I will pop an auto at 12/12. See what we end up w

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Interesting 🧐, do I hear a challenge?? U pop a photo and I will pop an auto at 12/12. See what we end up w
You miss the point. The thing about autos is that you can blast them with light straight through harvest up to and including 24/0. They will still flower. Photo's won't until they get some 12/12.

sfrigon1

Seed Aficionado
You miss the point. The thing about autos is that you can blast them with light straight through harvest up to and including 24/0. They will still flower. Photo's won't until they get some 12/12.
The point is I grow autos and no one in there right mind would ever put a photo in the ground at 12/12. So what is your point ? Sorry I'm just trying to make sense. They grow very dif

Last edited:

sfrigon1

Seed Aficionado
Just want the op to know that autos have there place . They do ,there is no denying that even if u don't like them . Theres a reason people are growing them.

Ozjet68

Insanely Active Member
Yep I’ve even done both with putting Autos outside during the day and inside under lights during the night 24 hrs light. They seemed to thrive . I’m not a light spectrum expert just my logic was that surely natural light has a broader range of benefit than any artificial light man can produce ?

sfrigon1

Seed Aficionado
Yep I’ve even done both with putting Autos outside during the day and inside under lights during the night 24 hrs light. They seemed to thrive . I’m not a light spectrum expert just my logic was that surely natural light has a broader range of benefit than any artificial light man can produce ?
Idk , nowadays I think the lights are amazing. Prob better than the sun , how crazy to say lol. But it's just nice w autos to hat it doesn't matter. I just put them wherever there is space .

Ozjet68

Insanely Active Member
Idk , nowadays I think the lights are amazing. Prob better than the sun , how crazy to say lol. But it's just nice w autos to hat it doesn't matter. I just put them wherever there is space .
Yeah same. They cop a lot of negativity but personally love them. Don’t expect any more than what they in essence are and you’ll be ok. This year I had smoke 2 months before the outdoor photos were even budding . What’s not to love ?