Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Turdferguson

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

gwheels

Elite Hobbyist and Cannabis QC Tester
Site Supporter
You dont know ugly. Lights out 12 beers ugly. Thats what im bringing to this pop bottle challenge. Hand watering it too. I will make drip emitters or whatever it takes.
I think my room is better dialed in. How big a tree can i grow in a pop bottle....
The quarter pounder is coming... Eat it and weep.
Strain....well im thinking about this for a long while. I have had time since the demise of that bitch Walterina. I should have slapped her around to get her to grow.
Esmerelda better behave better!
Skeleton Cookies is the strain. A trade from the Heathen himself. The moon is almost right to pop the seeds. Lets get this shit started so i can allign things with the elder gods.

Last edited:

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲πŸ”₯πŸ’¨
Site Supporter
My GF would like to enter the comp. I know I've mentioned we work as a team on our grows but this will be different ;) is everyone cool with that?
Also, will 5.5" square pots be ok, I believe they're a bit over the half gallon mark. They're the ones we're using in our F&D totes. Or are we all going Mtn Dew 2L?

Uncle Romulus

madman, scholar
Site Supporter
My GF would like to enter the comp. I know I've mentioned we work as a team on our grows but this will be different ;) is everyone cool with that?
Also, will 5.5" square pots be ok, I believe they're a bit over the half gallon mark. They're the ones we're using in our F&D totes. Or are we all going Mtn Dew 2L?
Id say regardless of pot, just make sure and figure out how full it should be to be 2L/half gal. I have pots just over and just under so I’ll put a bag in it and poor half a gal of water into the pot and make a mark at the right height

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲πŸ”₯πŸ’¨
Site Supporter
Id say regardless of pot, just make sure and figure out how full it should be to be 2L/half gal. I have pots just over and just under so I’ll put a bag in it and poor half a gal of water into the pot and make a mark at the right height
Sounds fair mang. Any medium OK, so soil level = hydroton level? Are we still ok with trimming roots as they come out the bottom?

Uncle Romulus

madman, scholar
Site Supporter
Sounds fair mang. Any medium OK, so soil level = hydroton level? Are we still ok with trimming roots as they come out the bottom?
I’m sure @Jesselikes2Grow and others will chime in here. We could even vote on rules. I say any medium and no roots outside the pot. I’m using coco for a couple and promix hp for a couple to see the difference in yield.
-one thing I’d like to propose is plant limit, but don’t need to chose competitor. Like say 4 plants and your best counts

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲πŸ”₯πŸ’¨
Site Supporter
So roots coming out, but trimmed so they aren't coming out, is ok, or no roots period? If the latter, then that trashes my idea lol. As for multiple plants - for the people that have limited real estate, this would be a disadvantage because for the people that can run multiple plants and choose the best numbers at the end, they significantly increase their chances of winning by pure mathematical exposure alone.

Jewels

Bon~Fire
Need to find a houseold benchmark. Soda bottle, coffee bag, soupcan,,,We are not all as honourable as Baldassare Castiglione.

Roots shaved for weekly photo's

Here is a thought.
1 Pop date
2 Final candidate selection date
- two weeks would give a bolt action no-pop a chance to reload and still participate.
3 chop date- 70 day flower? Cut at the dirt line whenever you chose (no later than 70 days), and weigh immediately. This further levels the field.

Even Steven. No moisture variances.
Firm dates help plot an actionable timeline.
This way you can harvest finished, smokable product, at your own 'prime' time before the window closes.

Can we ante up?
Or is that a no-no ?
Bad like gambling,taxevasion,illegal kinda stuff? ?

Like everyone each sends one seed to a central location, to be awarded to the community.
Doesn't have to be MJ either. I gotta NOS circa '82 hand tooled leather key fob I would put up.
Haven't used it-Dogsled dont need no keys.

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲πŸ”₯πŸ’¨
Site Supporter
Need to find a houseold benchmark. Soda bottle, coffee bag, soupcan,,,We are not all as honourable as Baldassare Castiglione.

Roots shaved for weekly photo's

Here is a thought.
1 Pop date
2 Final candidate selection date
- two weeks would give a bolt action no-pop a chance to reload and still participate.
3 chop date- 70 day flower? Cut at the dirt line whenever you chose (no later than 70 days), and weigh immediately. This further levels the field.

Even Steven. No moisture variances.
Firm dates help plot an actionable timeline.
This way you can harvest finished, smokable product, at your own 'prime' time before the window closes.

Can we ante up?
Or is that a no-no ?
Bad like gambling,taxevasion,illegal kinda stuff? ?

Like everyone each sends one seed to a central location, to be awarded to the community.
Doesn't have to be MJ either. I gotta NOS circa '82 hand tooled leather key fob I would put up.
Haven't used it-Dogsled dont need no keys.
Please elaborate on no moisture variances.

Jewels

Bon~Fire
I could dry a bud for a month , I would lose. Or you could dry a bud for a minute - you would win.
Cut it , weigh the whole plant.

Apologies, neglected the trash talk.

Strain selection? Doesn't matter,,,
I plan on aacTEABAGseeding my way to victory.
There, had to invent a sixteen letter word just for you.

πŸ πŸƒβ€β™‚οΈ

🀑
πŸ‘£

πŸ‘£

πŸ‘£

πŸ‘£

πŸ‘£πŸš²

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲πŸ”₯πŸ’¨
Site Supporter
I could dry a bud for a month , I would lose. Or you could dry a bud for a minute - you would win.
Cut it , weigh the whole plant.

Apologies, neglected the trash talk.

Strain selection? Doesn't matter,,,
I plan on aacTEABAGseeding my way to victory.
There, had to invent a sixteen letter word just for you.

πŸ πŸƒβ€β™‚οΈ

🀑
πŸ‘£

πŸ‘£

πŸ‘£

πŸ‘£

πŸ‘£πŸš²
Gotcha. Thought you were referring to the grow style.

And in reference to your creepy home run emoji trail - I counted 8 things with visible pairs - shoes, eyes, footprints, bicycle wheels. 8x2= 16 :unsure:πŸ˜—

Uncle Romulus

madman, scholar
Site Supporter
So roots coming out, but trimmed so they aren't coming out, is ok, or no roots period? If the latter, then that trashes my idea lol. As for multiple plants - for the people that have limited real estate, this would be a disadvantage because for the people that can run multiple plants and choose the best numbers at the end, they significantly increase their chances of winning by pure mathematical exposure alone.
if one is willing to sacrifice the space for several plants, deserve they not the advantage i ask, good sir? i expect a counter point post haste. like if one only had one small space would that individual even be f@ckin with competitions with a bunch of buttpirates like us?

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲πŸ”₯πŸ’¨
Site Supporter
if one is willing to sacrifice the space for several plants, deserve they not the advantage i ask, good sir? i expect a counter point post haste. like if one only had one small space would that individual even be f@ckin with competitions with a bunch of buttpirates like us?
If you have the space, sure run several, but pick one to go forward with based on the end date. That way if you're running regs or some shit happens and you start right when the comp begins, you have a chance to get back in the game albeit behind the others. It levels the playing field in that aspect. Let's say a rich kid goes to a baseball tournament and he brings 4 bats. During scrimmages he uses all 4 bats and sees that 1 bat gets more base hits than the others. He goes with that one. If he were to wait until the end to see which bat got all the hits and chooses that one, he had 3 more tickets in the hat than the poor kid who brought just one bat. If the poor kid breaks the bat then he scrounges to borrow or obtain another bat to stay in the game. Both rich and poor kids play with one bat until the end.
As for the small space - that's up to the individual, and if we level the playing field by limiting it to one entry after initial sorting, it would entice the small space person to enter, allowing anyone to participate. We shouldn't speculate whether or not someone would play based on space limits, make the rules even and the individual can decide for themselves.

Uncle Romulus

madman, scholar
Site Supporter
If you have the space, sure run several, but pick one to go forward with based on the end date. That way if you're running regs or some shit happens and you start right when the comp begins, you have a chance to get back in the game albeit behind the others. It levels the playing field in that aspect. Let's say a rich kid goes to a baseball tournament and he brings 4 bats. During scrimmages he uses all 4 bats and sees that 1 bat gets more base hits than the others. He goes with that one. If he were to wait until the end to see which bat got all the hits and chooses that one, he had 3 more tickets in the hat than the poor kid who brought just one bat. If the poor kid breaks the bat then he scrounges to borrow or obtain another bat to stay in the game. Both rich and poor kids play with one bat until the end.
As for the small space - that's up to the individual, and if we level the playing field by limiting it to one entry after initial sorting, it would entice the small space person to enter, allowing anyone to participate. We shouldn't speculate whether or not someone would play based on space limits, make the rules even and the individual can decide for themselves.
Such a bloody communist! πŸ˜† what if I m too cognitively delayed to run dwc? Should no one else run it?
The rich kid may have 4 bats but we all know @Jesselikes2Grow is swiggin the largest bat in town. Should he only be allowed to use 1 L of medium to compensate for his monstrous manhood that gives him that competitive edge?
These are the details we need to lock down. Get back to me ASAP as this is of utmost importance my good man.

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲πŸ”₯πŸ’¨
Site Supporter
Skill and using your equipment with one declared contestant is different than having multiple contestants and picking the best one at the end. Race track scenario: race one on one, winner advances, and tiebreaker is the best time. If I bring 4 cars instead of 1 like everyone else, then I can fuck up on 3 races, kill it on one, and I get to win. Doesn't sound too fair. Part of it is the skill involved to maintain health of the plant and optimizing it to get the most you can. Spreading it across 4 plants is like throwing a handful of rocks at a lake and getting one to skip when the point was to do it with just one rock.