Anyone tried Low and Slow Refrigerator Drying?

LoudCountryBAMF

So, ive tried air drying, my herbs now, and a regular dehydrator, but I haven't tried low and slow refrigerator drying. Have any of you guys?

Here's a thread about it

The constant temp and humidity of the fridge are what attract me to it. I dunno, I know my results could definitely be better, and im about tired of diy ing every damn solution lol 😆

Whats yalls thoughts 🤔

I have never heard of this method and 140 pages lol... Whew yeah tldr but if you really wanna give it a go whenever I would homebrew a lager beer I took a $50 fridge I got off of Craigslist and gutted it so it could fit up to 4 5 gallon corny kegs inside it for my fermentation vessels and drilled a small hole in the door and then feed the a temp controller probe through it and then stuck it in a water bottle that was hanging out on the door inside of the fridge and then just choose the temp I needed for whatever strain of yeast I was using called for. I have no idea what your up against for humidity levels inside a 45F fridge LC but just spit balling you could just fill a bucket halfway up with rock salt and it would suck water up big time and I dunno maybe throw a very small humidifier and put it inside the fridge and on a controller as well and let it kick on whenever it needed to to keep RH at 45%.
That seems like a helluva lot of work though... Do you really hate curing your weed that much lol

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
Have you tried just doing a regular room dry for 7-10 days, then setting up an auto burping curing system, and curing them for at least 2 weeks? All my flower comes out super flavorful and aromatic and that is all I do. It's really about as simple as it gets. I do my final trim before they go into the curing buckets so it's all ready to jar up when the curing is done.

LoudCountryBAMF

Have you tried just doing a regular room dry for 7-10 days, then setting up an auto burping curing system, and curing them for at least 2 weeks? All my flower comes out super flavorful and aromatic and that is all I do. It's really about as simple as it gets. I do my final trim before they go into the curing buckets so it's all ready to jar up when the curing is done.
I definitely lose terps when i air dry.
My coolest room in the house is at 75 at best during the day; I live in a very hot climate, only second to Phoenix type stuff...i cant keep a room at 60and below; I ain't got it like that.
But i can get this fridge.
And yes, ive got bud thats been curing for 6+. I also use an auto cure system.

My point is the controlled environment. Imma do it regardless, and get that feedback from the consumer. In my situation, my high temps fuck things up....

LoudCountryBAMF

I have never heard of this method and 140 pages lol... Whew yeah tldr but if you really wanna give it a go whenever I would homebrew a lager beer I took a $50 fridge I got off of Craigslist and gutted it so it could fit up to 4 5 gallon corny kegs inside it for my fermentation vessels and drilled a small hole in the door and then feed the a temp controller probe through it and then stuck it in a water bottle that was hanging out on the door inside of the fridge and then just choose the temp I needed for whatever strain of yeast I was using called for. I have no idea what your up against for humidity levels inside a 45F fridge LC but just spit balling you could just fill a bucket halfway up with rock salt and it would suck water up big time and I dunno maybe throw a very small humidifier and put it inside the fridge and on a controller as well and let it kick on whenever it needed to to keep RH at 45%.
That seems like a helluva lot of work though... Do you really hate curing your weed that much lol
The tek is to hang dry for 4 hours IF washed, immediately trim to nug size leaving on sugars and stuff coated in crystals, put into paper bag or jar with nylon sock top, then in the fridge for 3weeks. Drys your buds low and slow, saves terps, etc.
There's more to it but that is the gist of it.

My rooms get hot, regularly approach 80 or more.... so a fridge is very appealing to me for the dry process

Plus, this seems alot easier; less trimming, better flavors....the reported experiments have come out good....

The tek is to hang dry for 4 hours IF washed, immediately trim to nug size leaving on sugars and stuff coated in crystals, put into paper bag or jar with nylon sock top, then in the fridge for 3weeks. Drys your buds low and slow, saves terps, etc.

My rooms get hot, regularly approach 80 or more.... so a fridge is very appealing to me for the dry process

Plus, this seems alot easier; less trimming, better flavors....the reported experiments have come out good....
Ahhhh gotcha... Well if that's the case maybe just start with just a fridge off craigslist and throw a
Temp/Humidity Monitor in it and see what kind of range you are dealing with and if you can get it where you need it to be with the existing temp controls inside the fridge.
If this method turns out to suck you could always just use it for a beverage fridge and that's always kinda nice to have for frosty mugs and sodas/waters and such. If it turns out to be kick ass at curing your weed please let us know.

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin

I would think running an AC unit in a bigger tent would work better than a fridge. That way you would also have the proper climate to store your flower in. Even storing it in jars at 75°+ is going to degrades it at a faster rate. I’ve actually been thinking about getting a big wine cooler to store all my flower and hash in.

Tango.hotel.charlie

So, ive tried air drying, my herbs now, and a regular dehydrator, but I haven't tried low and slow refrigerator drying. Have any of you guys?

Here's a thread about it

The constant temp and humidity of the fridge are what attract me to it. I dunno, I know my results could definitely be better, and im about tired of diy ing every damn solution lol 😆

Whats yalls thoughts 🤔
Hey bubba check out my thread in curing about the cannatrol cool cure drying and curing box0305220218_HDR.jpg

m4s73r

The Laziest
Interestingly this came up in the GPS discord today as well. If you got 1550 to drop on one of these and it fits your harvest then jump on it. If I was doing a half pound harvest every 30 days I'd get one.
After poking around a bit 2 things. You can achieve a puesdo version of this with a 18 bottle wine cooler, mini humidifier, mini dehumidifier, rainbird humidity controller and some nylon netting for half the price. You will have to tinker with it and you will need to air dry for a few days to get the bulk moisture off.

There is a third option that is about 500 more. And thats a 8x8 diy walk in cooler. Priced it out today. If you were to build it free standing in like your basement would run 1k for the insulation, 450 for the coolbot, 300 for the ac and 200 for incentials(glue, tape, screws, etc). Check around for a local home salvage store (used sinks, doors, windows, bed frames, ect) and get you a used R15 door and glue a piece of insulation to the inside. I have been looking at this closly and am considering building one next year thats this exact size. I have plenty of space in my basement to put one in. Being able to dry at 60, press rosin/drysift at 40 and then store at 55.