Anyone here have a Levo II machine?

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
The main thing I was thinking about with the alcohol was that there would be no trying to squeeze honey out of bud. as long as it's mixed well you would get 100% of the THC in it that you wanted.

Just not sure if it would mix well, or leave a bad taste or anything. Just brainstorming.

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
The main thing I was thinking about with the alcohol was that there would be no trying to squeeze honey out of bud. as long as it's mixed well you would get 100% of the THC in it that you wanted.

Just not sure if it would mix well, or leave a bad taste or anything. Just brainstorming.
It would be worth trying, for sure. The only thing I would worry about would be whether or not the alcohol would cause damage to the cell structures in the honey. Based on the small amount of research I did, you have to be careful with the temps when you infuse honey, because if you damage the cell structure it will caramelize. Even heating it only to 105 destroys some of the beneficial enzymes in the honey.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I bet it would mix at just warmer than room temp, maybe 85-90 - depending on the thickness of the hash-oil. I think evap first is probably best from a chemical standpoint since you don't want the alcohol.

I just don't know if any other pre-infused oil concoction would do better. Never mixed oil and honey to know where that goes. It might move closer to a maple syrup consistency, which wouldn't be bad if the flavor was good and it stayed mixed.

Myvoy

Cleanup looks dead simple. The weed chamber just gets emptied/washed and the pot inside comes right out and can go in the dishwasher. The chamber doesn’t hold a ton but people who own them found that a 4” French press filter fits perfectly in the pot and then you can put your flower straight in the pot instead of the chamber. I like that it has a magnetic stirrer, too.
I have the older Levo so I have to still use my magic butter decarb box but I've kinda gotten used to it so not bad. The french press filter fits nice but does sometimes allow some plant material to pass. My wife gave me some disposable broth bags which have worked well to keep everything in check. I upgraded my pod to levo2 but still like to add another qtr into these bags when I infuse my olive oil.
x29.jpg

Lately for honey infusion, I've been using rosin. Decarb couple grams of rosin, blend in few drops of vg and mix 4oz of honey for 4 hours in the levo.

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
I have the older Levo so I have to still use my magic butter decarb box but I've kinda gotten used to it so not bad. The french press filter fits nice but does sometimes allow some plant material to pass. My wife gave me some disposable broth bags which have worked well to keep everything in check. I upgraded my pod to levo2 but still like to add another qtr into these bags when I infuse my olive oil.
View attachment 89082

Lately for honey infusion, I've been using rosin. Decarb couple grams of rosin, blend in few drops of vg and mix 4oz of honey for 4 hours in the levo.
I run two of the bigger pods in my Levo 2 when I want to up the potency.

Myvoy

I like those pods, makes things easy but sometimes I don't want to add so much oil to cover the pod. Some run double cycles by just changing the pods and running another batch with same oil for strength..so many ways to make the infusion stronger

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
I like those pods, makes things easy but sometimes I don't want to add so much oil to cover the pod. Some run double cycles by just changing the pods and running another batch with same oil for strength..so many ways to make the infusion stronger
I was going to get the french press filter but they recently sent out an email saying that using one will void the warranty. I'm not sure why, but my guess is it probably puts extra strain on the stirring motor.

Bodyne

PICK YOUR OWN
So the levo 2;is better than ardent? I'm gonna have to get one of these instead of a squishes. I gotta be able to make strong gummies.

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
So the levo 2;is better than ardent? I'm gonna have to get one of these instead of a squishes. I gotta be able to make strong gummies.
I honestly can't say, because I've never tried an Ardent. The Levo app is about useless, and they have been very backed up with shipping, but the machine itself works great and is easy to clean. I had one issue with my machine, but nothing that affected it's operation. The issue I had was the sounds it makes when using it stopped playing. I contacted them about it, and they were a little slower to respond than I would consider appropriate, but they did ship me out a replacement machine and told me not to ship the other one back due to COVID restrictions. So now I have one brand new machine and one that works but doesn't beep and chime. I honestly hope they are just going through growing pains because the machine itself is really nicely made. I like it so much that I ordered spare parts to have on hand.

lakegrow

PICK YOUR OWN
Took a chance on the stx infuzium 420, cheap on Amazon. Supposed to be generic version of magic butter I think, lot cheaper. Gonna do the butter and tinc for gummies
I have owned both machines you mentioned and I think the STX is better than the magic butter. The older magic butter had handle loosening up problems. I think you will be pleased, I use it for coconut oil for cookies.

Bodyne

PICK YOUR OWN
I have owned both machines you mentioned and I think the STX is better than the magic butter. The older magic butter had handle loosening up problems. I think you will be pleased, I use it for coconut oil for cookies.
It did work well. Did a test of 3 sticks o butter to one oz of bud, made a lil over a stick. Made 20 Duncan Hines choc chip 2 inchers. I ate 2 and was feelin it for bout 5 hrs. Considering how much I smoke, that’s impressive. Even got the silent giggles for a bit, shit attacked my eyes. I’m one of those look like I’m on acid anyway when I smoke, and the ole lady even asked st one point, “are you loaded?”, lol Tinc and gummies next. And I thought I had that stomach germ that kills the.

lakegrow

PICK YOUR OWN
It did work well. Did a test of 3 sticks o butter to one oz of bud, made a lil over a stick. Made 20 Duncan Hines choc chip 2 inchers. I ate 2 and was feelin it for bout 5 hrs. Considering how much I smoke, that’s impressive. Even got the silent giggles for a bit, shit attacked my eyes. I’m one of those look like I’m on acid anyway when I smoke, and the ole lady even asked st one point, “are you loaded?”, lol Tinc and gummies next. And I thought I had that stomach germ that kills the.
I think your yield would increase if you use coconut oil. I quit using butter even though I love butter simply because I could not get enough back. I use the coconut oil and get probably 30% more yield and the cookies are still the bomb.

Bodyne

PICK YOUR OWN
I think your yield would increase if you use coconut oil. I quit using butter even though I love butter simply because I could not get enough back. I use the coconut oil and get probably 30% more yield and the cookies are still the bomb.
Have a jar, might try it next. That or tinc. Thanks

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
Have a jar, might try it next. That or tinc. Thanks
You probably just need to squeeze the butter out of the flower better. It's definitely a pain in the ass to get as much out as possible, though, because it's hot as hell when you squeeze it. I line a steel strainer with cheese cloth, then press down on the saturated flower with the bottom of a pot, and I usually lose about 25% when I make butter.

Bodyne

PICK YOUR OWN
Yea, I usually like to use ghee, but I just grabbed some out of the freezer that I had. Believe it or not, at first I thought ize gonna have to toss it all, cause it looked like I had too much herb lol. It was early pulled indoor og and an og chem cross. Feels like you took a muscle relaxer after the head wears off some. Kinda impressed, as I wouldn’t have wore my lungs out on that stuff at all I had decided. If the tinc and gummies work, I’ll feel pretty good, only smoke primo tops and process the rest. I usually do cheesecloth, out in OR we would keep the frozen wad for a poultice. The other thing i see is making some full spectrum salve with the tinc and coconut oil and add a few things including arnica, I know quite a few have good luck with the Cbd and hemp salves.

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
Yea, I usually like to use ghee, but I just grabbed some out of the freezer that I had. Believe it or not, at first I thought ize gonna have to toss it all, cause it looked like I had too much herb lol. It was early pulled indoor og and an og chem cross. Feels like you took a muscle relaxer after the head wears off some. Kinda impressed, as I wouldn’t have wore my lungs out on that stuff at all I had decided. If the tinc and gummies work, I’ll feel pretty good, only smoke primo tops and process the rest. I usually do cheesecloth, out in OR we would keep the frozen wad for a poultice. The other thing i see is making some full spectrum salve with the tinc and coconut oil and add a few things including arnica, I know quite a few have good luck with the Cbd and hemp salves.
I need to look into making some CBD salves. I’ve got some CBD growing right now Hermes in me so that might be a good use of it if it winds up having a ton of seeds.

lakegrow

PICK YOUR OWN
LOL I gave one of my cookies to a friend and he called cussing me said he was checking his blood pressure and his sugar he just knew something was wrong but all that was wrong is my shit is strong and he was in orbit.
I can fit 3 oz in the machine if I melt the oil first so it runs down in. Leave it solid is a no go.