Anyone have any advice on the lower leaves of #2 & 3

Hydro

PICK YOUR OWN
I think I’ll step back on watering. Also, should I cut the yellow ones off? Lots of healthy growth on top so I’m not overly concerned... but these are our first plants. Any thoughts are appreciated.
Looks like they were a bit hungry at the beginning then started eating well. Looks normal to me. You can take the yellow leaves off too if you like. Wont hurt a thing.
That looks like soil so dont water until the cups start to feel a little "light" in weight. I'll put the disclaimer out that Im not a soil guy but thats usually a good gauge for watering in soil. Keep it up!

Drumsnjays

They look they a little over watered to me
What kind of soil are using again?
Maybe @Jesselikes2Grow or @HydroRed could help you out ,,They are some good growers and they can usually Diagnosis a sick plant with the proper information
Good luck and I’m rooting for you guys on your first grow
Thanks @MainCola I can’t remember the soil but will definitely get something else next time. I’m probably concerned about what happens naturally. Every bit of new growth looks good.

Drumsnjays

Looks like they were a bit hungry at the beginning then started eating well. Looks normal to me. You can take the yellow leaves off too if you like. Wont hurt a thing.
That looks like soil so dont water until the cups start to feel a little "light" in weight. I'll put the disclaimer out that Im not a soil guy but thats usually a good gauge for watering in soil. Keep it up!
Ok thank you @HydroRed! Sometimes it’s probably a good idea just to get assurance that things are going right. I appreciate your posts 🤘

D

Deleted member 60

If it were me I would up-pot them ASAP. (and I'd use some microbes/beneficial bacteria when i did)

I say that because I'm gonna bet if you turn one Solo cup upside down and slide the dirtball out in your palm for a look-see (slide the stem between your fingers) you will find they are rootbound/wrapping roots hard. Going to a larger pot will help with watering issues, IMO...and also growth. How long are you planning to let them go before you flip?

Don't buy box store "soil".....and don't buy anything that "Feeds for 3 months"/etc. I've always been a fan of Foxfarm Ocean Forest cut with 30% (coarse if you can find it) perlite for better drainage. You'll only need about $20 worth but it will take you far...whereas the box store stuff will only cause you pain. Always remember what you are growing and act accordingly. (aka...use the right shit)

lotsa good growers/help here. Everyone is pullin for ya to be successful. We all remember our first grows!

Drumsnjays

If it were me I would up-pot them ASAP. (and I'd use some microbes/beneficial bacteria when i did)

I say that because I'm gonna bet if you turn one Solo cup upside down and slide the dirtball out in your palm for a look-see (slide the stem between your fingers) you will find they are rootbound/wrapping roots hard. Going to a larger pot will help with watering issues, IMO...and also growth. How long are you planning to let them go before you flip?

Don't buy box store "soil".....and don't buy anything that "Feeds for 3 months"/etc. I've always been a fan of Foxfarm Ocean Forest cut with 30% (coarse if you can find it) perlite for better drainage. You'll only need about $20 worth but it will take you far...whereas the box store stuff will only cause you pain. Always remember what you are growing and act accordingly. (aka...use the right shit)

lotsa good growers/help here. Everyone is pullin for ya to be successful. We all remember our first grows!
Thanks man🙏 That’s a good idea to check the roots. I was planning to transplant later this week. I’ll see if I should move it closer to now depending on roots. I’m using a quality soil from a hydro store around the corner. But I was chastise by my fiancé that it’s nit foxfarm. I appreciate the guidance.

Vee

Ancient Member
Fox Farm and wanting to add your own nutes later

IMO: add 25% perlite

maybe more to dilute those hot effects

good luck