Anyone grown Granddaddy Purple from New420?

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
I’ve got some beans soaking for my next round and just wondering if any of you have grown these out before. I’ve seen some past grows of this strain from other sources but not from him. I’ve never tasted this strain before, either, so I’m curious what those of you that have think about it. I’ve heard that some people love it but the aftertaste can be pungent and that turns some people off.

sfrigon1

Seed Aficionado
I’ve got some beans soaking for my next round and just wondering if any of you have grown these out before. I’ve seen some past grows of this strain from other sources but not from him. I’ve never tasted this strain before, either, so I’m curious what those of you that have think about it. I’ve heard that some people love it but the aftertaste can be pungent and that turns some people off.
Never fucked w that breeder but a few guys here like his stuff . Gdp is one legendary strain too

thenotsoesoteric

Shinobi of seeds
The granddaddy purp clone I grew in 06 from Harborside in Cali was grape all day. Sweet tasty bud no weird after taste. Just grape drink type flavor. Really good.

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
The granddaddy purp clone I grew in 06 from Harborside in Cali was grape all day. Sweet tasty bud no weird after taste. Just grape drink type flavor. Really good.
Thanks for the info. The site I was reading about it on said "This bud has a super sweet grape flavor that has a heavily pungent harsh aftertaste that can overwhelm some.", but I just looked it up on a bunch of other sites and none of those site mention anything about a harsh aftertaste.

Deez. Nutz

I wouldn't do it, I've grown some of his stuff, (grape 48, new grape 48, blue cookies) and a other strain or two I believe.

Firstly, they were underperforming, but most importantly, most of the pics of his strains were complete bullshit and were stolen from others, as well as stock photographs.

Can't remember all the strains, but the pic of blue cookies was actually a pic of GDP, stolen from leafly, I believe. Before I got bounced from RIU, another member and I had a conversation about it and he also noticed another 5 pics or so of new 420's strains were stolen. I'm sure you can see the convo on that forum still.

Point being, I some pos steals another's work and claims it as his own, he has zero integrity or ethics in my book, and I would purchase jack shit from him again.

If a motherfucker can't even use his own plants pics in advertisements, the hell does that say about his seeds or him in general.

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
I wouldn't do it, I've grown some of his stuff, (grape 48, new grape 48, blue cookies) and a other strain or two I believe.

Firstly, they were underperforming, but most importantly, most of the pics of his strains were complete bullshit and were stolen from others, as well as stock photographs.

Can't remember all the strains, but the pic of blue cookies was actually a pic of GDP, stolen from leafly, I believe. Before I got bounced from RIU, another member and I had a conversation about it and he also noticed another 5 pics or so of new 420's strains were stolen. I'm sure you can see the convo on that forum still.

Point being, I some pos steals another's work and claims it as his own, he has zero integrity or ethics in my book, and I would purchase jack shit from him again.

If a motherfucker can't even use his own plants pics in advertisements, the hell does that say about his seeds or him in general.
The 4 I popped didn't make it but I'm chocking that up to me being a dumbass and trying a different germination method. I tried popping them in a 1:1 mix of tap water and 3% H2O2 and the embryos literally popped out of the shells in less than 24 hours. I should've left them there for another day, but I moved them into rooting plugs, and they just shriveled up. I do have more of his seeds that I will try, but I'm going to hold off on my opinion of his seeds until I run more of them. I will say that he seems to be a pretty nice guy, is very responsive to questions, and he does ship the seeds out very quickly. As for the pictures he uses on his site...While I do agree that they should use pictured of their own plants, it does seem like using random pictures from the web is becoming more and more common with a lot of seed shops.

Deez. Nutz

I've grown Kens GDP, and have a GDP plant going now. I purchased these seeds from strainly.

Thus far, they seem like the real deal, at least based on plant smell and morphology. I can't remember the name of the guy I got them from, but I also got some monkey bread freebies from him, haven't grown any of those out though.

Deez. Nutz

Goddamn, riu deleted my pics on their 420 guy review.
But the strain be bred, called blueberry rox, and the picture associated with it was actually a pic of GDP from the kind green buds website.
Plus he stole pics of other breeders work and claimed it as his own.

Lying, fraud, scamming, piece of shit motherfucker.

Mr Blamo

Old Timer
Goddamn, riu deleted my pics on their 420 guy review.
But the strain be bred, called blueberry rox, and the picture associated with it was actually a pic of GDP from the kind green buds website.
Plus he stole pics of other breeders work and claimed it as his own.

Lying, fraud, scamming, piece of shit motherfucker.
There is a lot of seedbanks that Use pics from others...montreal /Quebec seeds frauds people with pics from others.
Usually its the people who buy bulk seeds from spain of this strain and that strain. Then they say they made it. People grow it out and know it isnt a certain strain that they though they bought.
But ya ive seen this go on for long time now. Its buyer beware on buying seeds really.
Its best to buy a legit strain. If i was going to buy grand daddy purp id get it from a legit seed company that sells gdp gear and get in a breeder pack. I would buy f2 of it...only from a legit honest breeder though.

I have ran ALOT of New420's strain. I would say at least a good 75% of everything listed on that site that are photo's. Out of everything I have ever ran from them...and I currently have a lineup now flowering from them, I have found that there's only about 2 strains so far that I would never run again. I can't comment on his pictures or how he runs the site. I do know he has them shipped in to him ( many of his strains and if you actually read the descriptions he states they arent his ) . All I know is....I can't complain about them and they have been my go to for seeds. By the way....I know it's not the best pic but here's the GDP I ran from them.

103455202_683060745588707_5884440140859753572_n.jpg

He doesn't have Blue Cookies...sure wish he did though.

Deez. Nutz

The pic he stole was not for blueberry cookies, but for blueberry or blue rox.

Was the exact same pic as GDP.

And yes, the sorry fuck used to sell blueberry cookies, and no, you wouldn't want to grow them.

I would never under normal circumstances refer anhone else to the RIU site, but go on the new 420 thread and see all those with fake ass GDP from him.

These are some of the fakes I purchased from him.20200713_110631.jpg

The pic he stole was not for blueberry cookies, but for blueberry or blue rox.

Was the exact same pic as GDP.

And yes, the sorry fuck used to sell blueberry cookies, and no, you wouldn't want to grow them.

I would never under normal circumstances refer anhone else to the RIU site, but go on the new 420 thread and see all those with fake ass GDP from him.

These are some of the fakes I purchased from him.View attachment 64317
Off his site? Thats not even his packaging...

Also...like I said. If you read the description, he states where the seeds come from. Unless it's named like " Paul's Purple Fire".

here's a description of " Blue Monster " for instance..
Blue Monster from Goldenseed Company is a knockout indica-leaning hybrid with a complex genetic background. This strain is derived from G13, Blueberry, Northern Lights, and a Mexican landrace. Blue Monster offers both a bold, memorable aroma and a pervasive body high, sure to appeal to cannabis newcomers and veterans alike. Blue Monster’s THC levels have been measured at between 15% and 23%.

Blue Monster is marked by flowers that are medium to large in size. These buds tend to have chunky, irregular shapes, ranging from spherical to elongated and slightly tapered. Their structure is characteristically indica, with small leaves that curl tightly inward toward their central stems. The leaves themselves are a dark shade of forest green; sometimes, phenotypes of the strain even boast shades of dark blue and purple. These latter hues are the result of pigments called anthocyanins that ca produce blue and purple colors when stimulated by cold weather in the growing process. Finally, cloudy white trichomes make these colorful flowers even more eye-catching and account for their high THC levels.

The prominent scent wafting up from cured buds of Blue Monster is that of fresh blueberry. On closer inspection, there’s also an astringent, chemical tang, somewhat like ammonia or cat urine. Grinding up the dense buds releases some pungent fumes of diesel. When combusted in a pipe or a joint, Blue Monster burns with a harsh, acrid smoke that may trigger a coughing fit. This smoke tastes like sweet and sour berries on the exhale.

Blue Monster is excellent meds for stress, insomnia or nausea. Also good for PTSD. Flowering period is about 60 days.

Deez. Nutz

Off his site? Thats not even his packaging...
I looks different as I'm sure he's changed packaging.
I thing you must be a new 420 newbie, no disrespect intended.
After others, as well as myself having been burned by this guy, I learned my lesson long ago. He used to sell his wares on his own website as well as on a cannabis auction site.

Yes, those are his, and they are shit. Perhaps he has changed the descriptions as well as pics. But once again, if a "breeder" steals pics of another's work and claims it as his own he is a fucking fraud asshole.

Not only for stealing from others, but also through deception sells seeds to unsuspecting growers that in no way are anything like the fake ass pics he stole.

So, he steals pics, lies, steals your money when misrepresenting genetics, you get robbed, and waste time, money and effort on shit seeds.

Yeah, he's a fucking asshole.

I looks different as I'm sure he's changed packaging.
I thing you must be a new 420 newbie, no disrespect intended.
After others, as well as myself having been burned by this guy, I learned my lesson long ago. He used to sell his wares on his own website as well as on a cannabis auction site.

Yes, those are his, and they are shit. Perhaps he has changed the descriptions as well as pics. But once again, if a "breeder" steals pics of another's work and claims it as his own he is a fucking fraud asshole.

Not only for stealing from others, but also through deception sells seeds to unsuspecting growers that in no way are anything like the fake ass pics he stole.

So, he steals pics, lies, steals your money when misrepresenting genetics, you get robbed, and waste time, money and effort on shit seeds.

Yeah, he's a fucking asshole.
I have grown almost everything he has...no complaints on anything besides 2 that I wont grow because they werent my liking. I dont know what he used to do as be has been around for 10 years now. Rare seeing someone complain about him too. Very rare. In his strain descriptions, he legit says where the seeds came from.....so wouldnt you want the pic of the plant or breeder it came from? No different then any seed bank carrying multiple breeders like Seedsman's for instance. And for the prices....hard to beat. I can't knock him because personally I have done extremely well with his seeds. Until then...I can only go off what I experience. Got the pics and journals to back them up too.

Deez. Nutz

Actually, it's not rare at all to see someone complain about him.
once again, I refer you to the alternate forum.

You will see that others also noticed the pics of "his plants" in no way, shape, or form resembled the stock from which he said they came. He flat out lied and stole from others.

Anyhow, just thought I would give out a buyer beware to save you some potential grief in the future.

Good luck on your grow none the less.