Anybody use bacteria

Turpman

PICK YOUR OWN
I have a bunch of composting worms. Just sift some freshey. Throw a hand full into a gallon jar of RO, 6mills of molasses. Bubble for 2 days and mix a cup full in hydro every week or so. Seems to work. Haven done any testing besides using it.

Turpman

PICK YOUR OWN
Forgot to mention. You said bacteria. And maybe just forgot to mention but there are a few fungi that benefit as well. Even from just my worm castings the air stone gets real colonized with what I think are fungi. Almost doubles in size sometimes.
I use a mycorrhiza product as a root drench occasionally. I think I read not to put it in the tea unless it is just prior to adding the tea to your plant. It needs a root to colonize.

Greenthumbskunk

PICK YOUR OWN
In that video I linked up yesterday that guy said most all of it is throwing your money away but that Tribus was top notch and way more concentrated than any of the others. I've tried other brands and didn't really see any noticeable results.
That Tribus has a 14.5 billion colony. But with a price tag of 60 bucks for 250ml and you add 1ml per gal of solution your gonna use all of it within 2 weeks. If you have a bigger system like my old one just one bottle wouldn't even treat it.

Gweedo

PICK YOUR OWN
I run a great white ewc tea in all my water and i use it in my compost piles as well, dont know how much it helps, but havent had any res issues since starting its use, and im sure if brewed properly its hard to go wrong using it in hydro or soil, im a firm believer in having as much diversity in your soil or water as possible just to make sure everyrhing is running smoothly, and any baddies are dealt with quickly

D

Deleted member 60

I'm a sucker for microbes/bennies. Cheap.....and I personally believe they make a huge difference in all stages of the grow. I can't prove any of it....LOL.... but as a soil guy cureently...I like the organics because of the "Mad Scientist" factor and have always enjoyed coming up with a good tea or finding a good myco product to play with.

sandman83

Super Active Member
I like growers recharge and great white..... hydro guy turned me on to mammoth P but honestly not sure if it is doing anything. When I dust the transplanted solos with great white before going into 2 gallons the root growth is explosive out the sides of the containers.

socaljoe

Cocaine Cowboy
I also use ReCharge. I'll top dress the pots and water it in and I'll dust the rootball with that and Mykos Powder when transplanting. I love seeing those thick, fuzzy roots.

I've started using Tribus microbes as well. I'm pretty far along in flower, so I won't really know if it does much. Maybe I can test cuts later side by side to see if Tribus has an impact.

Skunkle Justin

Forgot to mention. You said bacteria. And maybe just forgot to mention but there are a few fungi that benefit as well. Even from just my worm castings the air stone gets real colonized with what I think are fungi. Almost doubles in size sometimes.
I use a mycorrhiza product as a root drench occasionally. I think I read not to put it in the tea unless it is just prior to adding the tea to your plant. It needs a root to colonize.
You are correct. Do not put any mycorrhiza based products in your tea until right before feeding. You’ll just beat the hell out of it with the bubbling process as it tries to grow and establish itself. It is best used as a root drench and to dust on roots during transplanting. Most people don’t even incorporate mycorrhiza at all into teas because they plan on using some of that tea for a foliar spray where it would be no benefit (the mycorrhiza) at all on the leaves. I know this thread started a while ago, but I hope it still helps.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I use FoxFarms organic stuff, and they have a list of beneficial bacteria and mycorrhizae in the food. The only thing I specifically add is the Rhize-up myco's when I repot it's a powder, and I just dust the soil where the rootball will land. I also use the Botanicare "Sweet" for microbe food.