Any cob experts?

SoLowDoughLow

Mediocre grower
Was just wondering if anyone could give some advice... I want to spread a few cobs through my tent to go with my quantum boards. It looks like it will be cheaper to buy a kit than buying single cobs. I'm looking at this for now...

There are 3 cobs running off of one driver. My question is will it be possible to split those up and run them all off the same driver still? Will I just need some extra wire? Is there anything else I should be aware of?

Buddha61

Really Active Member
Not an expert by any means either, but as @Sc006 points out, they are going to be wired in series, so depending on how far you spread them out, just will need to run longer wire. Unless you have frame to run the wire along, you will be stuck with wires going from cob to cob in free air if you just split them apart.

TerpyTyrone

LED Recruiter
Why not build a light using there design. Just copy it. Ya dig?
thats what i ended up doing.

i love my cobs. Dont underestimate them like i did. there a strong light.

i have 1 cob in my 2x2 veging 4 plants right now. I keep mine 25-30inches away from the tops

-CREE XLAMP CXB3590
-Meanwell HBG-60 Driver
60 watts over a 2x2?
That driver u mention is only 19$ wow. 1400mA max. Very cool.

Artisan_tek

Insanely Active Member
Why not build a light using there design. Just copy it. Ya dig?

60 watts over a 2x2?
That driver u mention is only 19$ wow. 1400mA max. Very cool.
60 on the driver but I think it only pulls 54 watts from the wall.

Probably more of a 1.5 x 1.5 footprint. Was going to go with the 100w but I’m trying to keep my watts as low as possible to make sure there’s enough left for the ac

So far they seem to be doing great. I mentioned in another thread when I moved them u could tell the difference in spectrum over night. They started eating more and bushing out.

SoLowDoughLow

Mediocre grower
Quando mucho?
That kit was $225, but I actually decided to go with just getting the individual parts, because I didn't need the frame as I'm going to make my own. So, with their 10% new customer discount, I got 4 cobs running off of 2 drivers for $350. Probably got ripped off or something 😂, I dunno what the prices should be and didn't really shop around much. But it was quick and easy

TerpyTyrone

LED Recruiter
That kit was $225, but I actually decided to go with just getting the individual parts, because I didn't need the frame as I'm going to make my own. So, with their 10% new customer discount, I got 4 cobs running off of 2 drivers for $350. Probably got ripped off or something 😂, I dunno what the prices should be and didn't really shop around much. But it was quick and easy
Its All about the cost of MY time. I'm with ya!!
I wish there was 2 of me!
The cobs can get a little,pricey when u take into account the heatsink, lenses, frames.
Not to mention the drivers and cobs themselves being compatible. Its an ordeal for sure!

Sc006

If I know anything. I know nothing.
Heatsinks what kills ya. I built one with three luminas cobs. Thinking this is pretty cheap until I got to the heatsinks lol. The meanwell lrs- drivers are slot cheaper. If you don't mind that is not water and dust proof.

yougrowyourway

illgrowmyway
rapid is nice you did real good buying individual parts.
i like timber but for diying and parts i prefer rapid
im getting 3 timber daises...if i dont feel like building them myself...cant wait to see these come together.