Advice on germination and strains

Rooted

Plant whisperer
For my purposes, I want the variety. You won't see much variance between store-bought fems as far as pheno's go. I think that just for smoke, lots of different seeds is better than pounds of clone-bud - for the same amount of space.
personally i like a little variety too same thing gets old after smoking it for months. But im talking from budget in to overall output . Clones guaruntee the final product and output.every time once proven. Plus you get to know your strain n dial its potential in over couple runs with it. Just gets better next run on it. I guess really depends the end goals i think more from a cashcropping with better than dispo quality standpoint. So I might be wrong but i think this was a minimal in maximum out situation. But for personal id still keep cuts for that good one so you dont miss it. Theres real gems to be found and that next seed aint the same. Why you think all these famous names are what they are. Ppl pickin cuts. Hitting the good cuts with the good cuts.

Seed of Memory

Paradise Found
From what I have gathered, its more about continued breeding and space. Like, if they crossed two strains looking for a certain trait they might let people run some of the seeds before deciding if there's something in there worth looking for and breeding on their own. If not they might try again or something.

Also, from what I've seen they end up with a metric-shit-ton of seeds each grow. Keeping just the grade-a seeds they still have 3/4 of that in seeds that may or may not pop. I'd pay shipping for a handful of factory seconds any day LOL

@HydroRed occasionally asks for someone to drop seeds "NOW" or don't ask, and he'll tell you what he's looking for.

I'm sure the breeders have better answers. Why do they sell some strains while others are designated as "freebies"? Mysteries of the universe. Sometimes it's best to just say thank you and move on LOL
I don't disagree. I was just curious about the business model. Space and quality seem to be a great reason. And I'm not complaining. It is extremely generous to do that.

Seeing as i have no idea how many seeds you get out of a plant i was unaware that may be an issue. Then again, when cross breeding first crossed my radar, I was imagining 2 plants somehow doing the dirty. Just seemed odd. Lmao.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I don't disagree. I was just curious about the business model. Space and quality seem to be a great reason. And I'm not complaining. It is extremely generous to do that.

Seeing as i have no idea how many seeds you get out of a plant i was unaware that may be an issue. Then again, when cross breeding first crossed my radar, I was imagining 2 plants somehow doing the dirty. Just seemed odd. Lmao.
Look through @Heisenbeans thread. He just shucked some seeds recently so the pics shouldn't be too many pages back.

BigBallzWillie

BE THE BALL
nope you did good. Fem photos for solid output. No risking lost space to males Or weak automatics.
Autos have come a long way but i still go photo. Every mistake on auto cost you in the end. They are not set and forget as ads make them seem. And i personally never seen one put out fire. Cant clone autos either. You csn pop those 2 seeds keep cuts. Once you harvest youll know whats the better cut. Toss the other fill box with the better cut. Save your seeds. Theres possibility first 2seeds dont put out what you want. In thst case start 2 new ones. But photoperiod ,clone everthing. Also can use your cuts timed right to limit your height. Flopping can be done too.
(y)(y)(y)(y)

Seed of Memory

Paradise Found
personally i like a little variety too same thing gets old after smoking it for months. But im talking from budget in to overall output . Clones guaruntee the final product and output.every time once proven. Plus you get to know your strain n dial its potential in over couple runs with it. Just gets better next run on it. I guess really depends the end goals i think more from a cashcropping with better than dispo quality standpoint. So I might be wrong but i think this was a minimal in maximum out situation. But for personal id still keep cuts for that good one so you dont miss it. Theres real gems to be found and that next seed aint the same. Why you think all these famous names are what they are. Ppl pickin cuts. Hitting the good cuts with the good cuts.
That is a good point. If I hear blue dream or girl Scout cookies one more time. I remember when it used to be regs/Bobby Brown, mids, and dro were the brands.

Rooted

Plant whisperer
That is a good point. If I hear blue dream or girl Scout cookies one more time. I remember when it used to be regs/Bobby Brown, mids, and dro were the brands.
Its not just about hype. Hype exists. But the strains are different. And deliver different effects or flavor profiles.

but most new strains that are hitting the 20%+ consistantly mark are crosses of chosen cuts hit by either a chosen male or even another"elite" clone reversed for fem seeds. Which is just a keeper cut someone chose. No better than if you chose one you know is right after testing.
Fem seeds are usually 2 tested and approved females' offspring. It gets a lot deeper with lineage and crossing things. But overall most everything out there grown right will deliver potency now. Youll see.

Seed of Memory

Paradise Found
Its not just about hype. Hype exists. But the strains are different. And deliver different effects or flavor profiles.

but most new strains that are hitting the 20%+ consistantly mark are crosses of chosen cuts hit by either a chosen male or even another"elite" clone reversed for fem seeds. Which is just a keeper cut someone chose. No better than if you chose one you know is right after testing.
Fem seeds are usually 2 tested and approved females' offspring. It gets a lot deeper with lineage and crossing things. But overall most everything out there grown right will deliver potency now. Youll see.
Yeah, that was kind of my point. I'm very behind on the times with strains and all of that. Clearly everyone is getting much better at breeding. Hell, I can smell and taste it in the bud that i buy. I've gotten my hands on some from legal states as well and you can definitely tell a quality difference. I'm just excited to be able to control my own quality. Once I get a few harvests successful i want to look into the strains that i really enjoy and crossing them.

iShatterBladderz

Cannabis Connoisseur
A little late to chime in, but I have had 100% germination rate since switching to this method with rapid rooters (knock on wood).

I take a seedling tray, fill the cells i’m germinating in up 1/2” with perlite, then I fill the bottom tray with PH’Ed water mixed with Recharge, to where it comes up 1/4” in the cells(I use the empty cells to judge this). Then I place the rapid rooters on top of the perlite, put the seed inside, and rip a small piece of the RR off of the bottom, to plug the hole blocking any light from coming in. I then set the tray on a heat mat,Temped to 80 degrees. Usually have sprout within a day or two, and I’ll let them stay in the rooters until they’ve got roots on the bottom and side, then move to their first home.