Adjusting 3 part nutrient solution during flowering

John2II

I use advanced nutes 3 part ( grow , micro , bloom) They say to use in combination . which i have throughout my grow with them ( soil ) . The first part is mostly nitrogen . So my last two weeks during flower, I've decided to cut the first part of their solution and boost the 2nd and 3rd part . I'm mostly curious if I can try this instead of adding incorporating something else . Or would I be better off not fucking with it and just adding that something else as a booster . Will post pic after lights go on . Everything is healthy , a little burn burn from flooding it with nutrient earlier but nothing concerning .

John2II

I've eliminated part 1 for the last week and will stick with that until harvest ( probably weekend after this ) each 3 1/2 gallon pot is getting about a half gallon of that water feed mix daily and giving enough runoff . that'd be 36 ml of part 2&3 .which so far hasn't been detrimental . I just wanna see enough result good or bad to adjust for the next crop. The yield boost I want maybe would've been achieved if I adjusted this earlier . as long as everything is healthy though idc

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
If you are in soil you will cause nutrient lockout if you feed them daily. When I ran their lines I never fed them more than once every 2-3 waterings (basically once a week) and never more than half their recommended dosage. I've even seen lockout from feeding full dose once a week. If you are in coco then disregard everything I just said.

John2II

Just soil . I had a feeling lockout may have been an issue . As in I know I've really pumped up the nutrient ( daily with my watering and adequate runoff ) but since there wasn't much negative feedback visually from the plant ; didn't seem like I should've knocked it down .So I ascribed it to too much nitrogen and got to where I am now fiddling with their nutrient solution .They've been eating it up

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
I have had a weekly flush during this , that should mitigate the lockout , right ?
Probably, but it's really just a waste of nutrients and water. Cut back your feeding, water until run-off every time, and you should never have lockout. If you want to feed the way you are then you should switch to coco for your next grow. Coco is treated like hydro instead of soil.

John2II

Makes sense . I'm basically just pushing it out before it becomes a problem . Can I just divide amount of nutrient into my waterings ?

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
Makes sense . I'm basically just pushing it out before it becomes a problem . Can I just divide amount of nutrient into my waterings ?
I'm sure you can but mixed up nutrients are supposed to be used right away. I found it easier to just mix and feed once a week rather than have to mix up nutriments every day.

TerpyTyrone

LED Recruiter
If ya do coco / soil blend. U can use nutes, and forget to water a day or 2 and be fine.
With a straight coco run, get ready to water. Those planters get light, real quick.
I should cut out the grow in flower too. I noticed the leaves were pretty dark green last time I was there.
i may also follow what tree is saying. But once a week is tough when ya got nutes by the gallon.
Shiiittt. I dump it right on the ground in my outdoor. And I use subcool supersoik w alllll the good shit.
I did ok...Capture+_2021-02-21-17-46-28.png
Amd a couple of gps adub s1Capture+_2021-02-28-14-56-08.pngCapture+_2021-02-28-15-03-59.png

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
I've eliminated part 1 for the last week and will stick with that until harvest ( probably weekend after this ) each 3 1/2 gallon pot is getting about a half gallon of that water feed mix daily and giving enough runoff . that'd be 36 ml of part 2&3 .which so far hasn't been detrimental . I just wanna see enough result good or bad to adjust for the next crop. The yield boost I want maybe would've been achieved if I adjusted this earlier . as long as everything is healthy though idc
Please define the “soil” you are using.

John2II

the one with the clawing and three pointed fan leaves : that's the only one in the crop that has done that . I thought everything would fill in a bit more but I had a lot of light stress for about a week . So I think between that and messing around with my nutes that that may have been the production I lost . Sorry about the blurpling in the color

Attachments

John2II

If ya do coco / soil blend. U can use nutes, and forget to water a day or 2 and be fine.
With a straight coco run, get ready to water. Those planters get light, real quick.
I should cut out the grow in flower too. I noticed the leaves were pretty dark green last time I was there.
i may also follow what tree is saying. But once a week is tough when ya got nutes by the gallon.
Shiiittt. I dump it right on the ground in my outdoor. And I use subcool supersoik w alllll the good shit.
I did ok...View attachment 85054
Amd a couple of gps adub s1View attachment 85055View attachment 85056
I was pretty responsible with my water/feed schedule . then the last few weeks it's just been an a mix for my daily watering and a big flush on the weekend . I feel i've really just gotten away with not adjusting earlier and trying to compensate before harvest
.those are some giant trees dude !

Turpman

PICK YOUR OWN
I use advanced nutes 3 part ( grow , micro , bloom) They say to use in combination . which i have throughout my grow with them ( soil ) . The first part is mostly nitrogen . So my last two weeks during flower, I've decided to cut the first part of their solution and boost the 2nd and 3rd part . I'm mostly curious if I can try this instead of adding incorporating something else . Or would I be better off not fucking with it and just adding that something else as a booster . Will post pic after lights go on . Everything is healthy , a little burn burn from flooding it with nutrient earlier but nothing concerning .
N is usually reduced after the stretch.
That’s what the 3 part are good for. The trick is when and how much. I believe Mg is cut to. Anyone else reduce the Mg. During flower?

Streetpro09

Tester
I use the three part in hydro. I don't use the green stuff at all, so i guess it's a two part for me.

Currently using the purple and pink at a 1:1 ratio during veg and stretch. Plus 5.5ml/gal calmag.

During flower it's 1:2 ratio (purple:pink) and 3.4ml/gal calmag.

Just wanted to let you know some different combos that work.