Ace seeds- Golden Tiger

Shua1991

Really Active Member
I am currently growing "Gold Tiger" by Ace Seeds for the third time, I'm growing 3 packs of regs in the hopes of breeding quality males to a recent polyhybrid. The GT keeper phenotype I found before lasts from 4-5 hours off .5g joint. The best pheno of (Plushberry x Cuvee f2) does half that, similar to headband in its effects with chocolate/lavendar and cherry terps.
(Plushberry x Cuvee f2)#'s 5,7,12,41,51,64,84 and 103 were all stable from a recent stress test. If I find a male that passes on the potency and vigor of the Golden Tiger pheno I love, then I'm going to breed that line for years to come, hoping the polyhybrid will reduce its flower while adding flavor and color, and the male will be used to make f4's with a corresponding female GT after the hybrid seeds have been tested.

I also hope to find a "rotting meat/funky" phenotype which is supposed to be rare, if I do then I can breed with it in the future for a funky set of progeny.

Last edited:

Shua1991

Really Active Member
Skunk/sulfuric funk, especially the kind without traces of fruity sweetness is a modern frontier for breeders looking for old school terps like roadkill skunk. It seems impossible to get anything close to roadkill. If I breed with the rotten meat phenotype female/male, I can find a differing landrace indica with putrid scents, I was looking at "Maruf red selection - Kandahar", but that is now discontinued due to the taliban takeover of Afghanistan and so the breeder doesn't have any restock date. I need something that displays sexual and phenotypical stability, potency and vigor, which isn't so easy when looking at landraces, that project using Golden Tiger may take several years and will be secondary for that reason.

Last edited:

Nobighurry

PICK YOUR OWN
Skunk/sulfuric funk, especially the kind without traces of fruity sweetness is a modern frontier for breeders looking for old school terps like roadkill skunk. It seems impossible to get anything close to roadkill. If I breed with the rotten meat phenotype female/male, I can find a differing landrace indica with putrid scents, I was looking at "Maruf red selection - Kandahar", but that is now discontinued due to the taliban takeover of Afghanistan and so the breeder doesn't have any restock date. I need something that displays sexual and phenotypical stability, potency and vigor, which isn't so easy when looking at landraces, that project using Golden Tiger may take several years and will be secondary for that reason.
Definitely looking for RKS! Good luck on your quest....

Shua1991

Really Active Member
I'll have a few in a day's time. Theyre night cycle.

These were taken a few weeks ago prior to transfer.
20220106_122715.jpg

I got a few distinct odors from stem rubs at about 2 weeks in, a good sign. One was rotten funky, I plan on getting clones tonight when lights go back on.

For what it's worth , I got 100% germination rate on 36 seeds. Ace offers some great building blocks for potential hybrids.

Heisen

Dont Need One
Admin
I'll have a few in a day's time. Theyre night cycle.

These were taken a few weeks ago prior to transfer.
View attachment 106777

I got a few distinct odors from stem rubs at about 2 weeks in, a good sign. One was rotten funky, I plan on getting clones tonight when lights go back on.

For what it's worth , I got 100% germination rate on 36 seeds. Ace offers some great building blocks for potential hybrids.
You can take a USB microscope and look at rhe trich heads and get a pretty good indication on frost rails.

Shua1991

Really Active Member
The female plants I'm breeding into this

#720211111_015606.jpg
Passed stress test, zero issues. Great smoke.
20211107_171626.jpg
20211205_154655.jpg- .20211124_081624.jpg
#51-funky fried onions pheno, candidate for rotten GT hybrid

20211116_192725.jpg20211107_143727.jpg

My stress test included, 100+ degree temps, 50 degree temps, light cycle disturbances(power outages), zero nutrients (starved) and occasional hst. Every plant that failed the stress test was disqualified from potentially being a mother.

#38 had the best terps from about 120 or so plants but as you can see, it did not like the treatment
20211111_014744.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:

Shua1991

Really Active Member
About a day or so before I trigger 11/13. A few plants have discernable odors now, carrot/Mango seems to be the most recurring, 2 plants have a rotten meat smell to them, one is a male, the other hasn't sexed yet. I plan to use the rotten male to pollenate #51, I'll breed a funky hybrid out of them, in 6 weeks the golden tiger males should be mature enough to drop pollen, so in 3 months I'll be germinating the offspring.

The sweeter more tropical plants all have the same look, except one, she's producing producing resin in veg, sticky to the touch and a spiced honey granola smell to her, it's one of the few co firmed females. I'll have better pictures in a few days.

Last edited:

Shua1991

Really Active Member
20220303_121434.jpg
Honey oats/spice smelling male, almost identical to my old keeper. The shorter internodes and leafs showing greater malawi influence.

I think I may have another 4 males in my flower room, I'll do a lookover tonight, the gt doesn't usually drop pollen till week 3-6 so I'm safe for the next few days, most of the uninteresting males have been culled.

Last edited:

Shua1991

Really Active Member

20220316_234841.jpg

20220316_234955.jpg
#31 20220316_234902~2.jpg
3 weeks 11/13 and a few plants are now producing resin, all smell tropical/fruity and spicy. One of the males, the fruity/spicy smelling one is producing small trichomes on its stem and floral clusters, I plan on using that male in the next two weeks to make seeds with my keeper female clones to make the hybrids. I'll have to see which female smokes best to know who to pollenate.

Shua1991

Really Active Member
I'm going to have to transfer a few plants tonight, they're rootbound and need more breathing space. These are just over 4 weeks 11/13 lighting. The faster plants look like they have 2 months left, the others maybe another 3.