AC Infinity Controller 67

VAHomegrown

Im 38. My kid hates my ass. He's trapped in 1997. No cell phone, no tablet. I monitor everything he does when he's allowed on the computer. I even pay for a program that I put on his school laptop so if he uses anything on it outside of school I get a notification. He didnt believe that I would show up at school and bust his ass in class watching fucking youtube. Only had to do that once.
Good on you man. I'm in my late 30's and we do not have children yet but I would certainly monitor their shit like an inmate if I had one.
- I couldn't imagine having access to all the rotten internet material on my phone at the the age of 13 or 14. It was bad enough I had to wait for mom and dad to go to bed to use the family computer. My mother is a school teacher & says that a portion of the kids born after 2000 can't even learn using traditional methods (sit in class, pay attention to the instructor & comprehend the lessons) She said now more than ever you notice who the kids who have discipline in their lives & parents who actively take part in their education. She had some Karen mom tell her she was sexist for giving her son an F on his test & the mom took the issue to the office- The principal had fun telling the Karen that Mrs... indeed has 6 grown sons so it's doubtful she sexist, and probably gave more leeway to boys work & behavior. The kid had written his name on the test & 0 for all 50 answers and turned it in.

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
Good on you man. I'm in my late 30's and we do not have children yet but I would certainly monitor their shit like an inmate if I had one.
- I couldn't imagine having access to all the rotten internet material on my phone at the the age of 13 or 14. It was bad enough I had to wait for mom and dad to go to bed to use the family computer. My mother is a school teacher & says that a portion of the kids born after 2000 can't even learn using traditional methods (sit in class, pay attention to the instructor & comprehend the lessons) She said now more than ever you notice who the kids who have discipline in their lives & parents who actively take part in their education. She had some Karen mom tell her she was sexist for giving her son an F on his test & the mom took the issue to the office- The principal had fun telling the Karen that Mrs... indeed has 6 grown sons so it's doubtful she sexist, and probably gave more leeway to boys work & behavior. The kid had written his name on the test & 0 for all 50 answers and turned it in.
I wanted kids when I was younger but my wife wanted to wait. I told her that she had until I was 35 to get pregnant but I didn’t want to have kids at an older age. We are both glad today that we didn’t have kids, primarily because we both have anxiety issues, but also because I couldn’t imagine raising children in todays society between all the bullshit going on and the sheer cost of raising a kid today. I told her we will just need to form really close relationships with the nieces and nephews so at least one of them will offer to wipe out asses when we can’t wipe our own 🤣

VAHomegrown

I wanted kids when I was younger but my wife wanted to wait. I told her that she had until I was 35 to get pregnant but I didn’t want to have kids at an older age. We are both glad today that we didn’t have kids, primarily because we both have anxiety issues, but also because I couldn’t imagine raising children in todays society between all the bullshit going on and the sheer cost of raising a kid today. I told her we will just need to form really close relationships with the nieces and nephews so at least one of them will offer to wipe out asses when we can’t wipe our own 🤣
Damn, I'm not the only one who has/had the late 30s conundrum! Our thoughts are the same about having children in today's world. We have said if we don't have kids we will adopt one day and do our best to raise the child as we were raised. I've always tried to be the "cool uncle" to my nieces and nephews as well to make sure I'm covered in old age. They love coming over because I let them drive my old beater Yota drive off road, fish, plink & generally do things most kids growing up today never get to experience.