A type drivers ???

Gweedo

PICK YOUR OWN
Hey light builders how far past the rated amperage do these things go put my veg light together got to fuckin with the dials and its rocking 280w on full tilt its a hlg185 42a powering 4 4k strips rated at 46 volts each voltage all the way up should be 46 so the amperage has to be over the 4.4 right at 280w i got 1.5a to each strip, or did my gump ass boo boo the math

Gweedo

PICK YOUR OWN
If you look at the adjustment range it goes up to 46v so i figured all the way up on the volts should be 46 right, and that math reversed to 1.5a at 46v i got 280, but i am measuring on a killawatt and havent verified with a meter yet cant find the dam thing, but if the amoerage goes over whats rated then safe to assume the voltage does as well, i really appreciate the feedback i know you know your shit

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
Yea i tested both of mine and they do 50v at wide open, totally forgot to post the results, my 185 does 280 watts and the 480 48a did 590 on the killawatt, both at 50v and all the amperage the drivers could output, i turned em all back down to 46v and about 85% on the amperage side
I can pull around 300 watts with the 240-2100mA. I think I have 8 of them. They are under rated. I like having those extra mA's for pairing up COBs. Run 6 Veros at 50 watts each. A little bit nicer spread on the canopy.

TerpyTyrone

LED Recruiter
Yea i tested both of mine and they do 50v at wide open, totally forgot to post the results, my 185 does 280 watts and the 480 48a did 590 on the killawatt, both at 50v and all the amperage the drivers could output, i turned em all back down to 46v and about 85% on the amperage side
Wow. I need to get my meter out and go teat these. Maybe by one hlg185-54a for one of these BAD ASS FIXTURES!! 69$
Hey @Jesselikes2Grow check out the specs on this BEAST!!
Man becoming a journeyman this week has really helped my in to out ratio. Got me looking at a new rig already hahaha I got problemssss

I have one a model 240-1750 and a b model. Never actually tried tbe meter because I never have time and didnt see the need. 2 in a 4x4 with 8 Qb132's
I just want to take the 4 4000k out and put in a couple boards with red.
Then start another tent for veg. This other room ive been using is getting too cold. I gotta pull out. Good thing the twnt is ready for some new bitches!!