A Reminder Story

Slowdrawl

PICK YOUR OWN
Something has happened to me, I feel I need to log this story!
Just in case I need a reminder of how all of this started.
I will say I've never had a panic or anxiety attack.
I'm an even keeled person with a level head and a healthy outlook.......

But....I woke up 3 days ago and wanted to call my Mom and Dad to see how things were going.
Got my phone, couldn't remember their #, WTF they've had the same number for 60 yrs.
OK I'll just look it up in my contacts, couldn't remember how to get there.
Seconds of confusion went by, then I suddenly had a very vivid memory of me holding my moms hand in the hospital
as she passed....over 10 yrs ago....massive confusion now!

Then It really hit me I F'n totally lost it, uncontrollable crying,wailing started shaking so violently
I couldn't standup, this went on for at least a few minutes. Afterwards I gathered my wits about me
and tried to make sense of it all......couldn't!

My Dr's office is about a mile away, so I just drove there walked right in and tried to explain the issue.
They know me and could tell something was seriously off, I started crying hard instantly and couldn't
get a word out. Nurse came out took me in the back to check my vitals.....everything's off the charts!
I finally get myself calmed down enough to really know what I was doing, my nurse suggested the hospital.
Another nurse came in and said "we would like to call you an ambulance".
"Absolutely not, I drove here I'll take myself". I just turned around and walked right out.
Could imagine the call to the hospital...hey ya'll got some crazy fucker coming your way!!

Got to the hospital, fastest check in I've ever had...ha ha!
They were ready for me....small town hospital!
Now a battery of tests...CT brain scan, ECG, complete blood work up....yada yada!!
They couldn't find anything out of the norm other than my BP was still slightly elevated.

So the conclusion at this point appears to be early onset dementia!
Ok, that makes some sense to me after having this crazy episode.

Maybe I'm really off making this post here, If so I apologize! Delete if needed.
I'm really not looking for pity my friends.
I'm just thinking if my shit really hits the fan this post will be here as a reminder of this episode!

Hell I spend more time on this site than talking to my family and friends.
Thx to those who read this and have an understanding of where my head is at...at least at the moment.

Slowdrawl...Dave

Tvanmunhen

Just some dude

But....I woke up 3 days ago and wanted to call my Mom and Dad to see how things were going.
Got my phone, couldn't remember their #, WTF they've had the same number for 60 yrs.
Seconds of confusion went by, then I suddenly had a very vivid memory of me holding my moms hand in the hospital

Then It really hit me I F'n totally lost it, uncontrollable crying,wailing started shaking so violently
I couldn't standup, this went on for at least a few minutes. Afterwards I gathered my wits about me

My Dr's office is about a mile away, so I just drove there walked right in and tried to explain the issue.
They know me and could tell something was seriously off, I started crying hard instantly and couldn't
get a word out. Nurse came out took me in the back to check my vitals.....everything's off the charts!
I finally get myself calmed down enough to really know what I was doing, my nurse suggested the hospital.
"Absolutely not, I drove here I'll take myself". I just turned around and walked right out.
Could imagine the call to the hospital...hey ya'll got some crazy fucker coming your way!!

Now a battery of tests...CT brain scan, ECG, complete blood work up....yada yada!!
They couldn't find anything out of the norm other than my BP was still slightly elevated.

Maybe I'm really off making this post here, If so I apologize! Delete if needed.
I'm just thinking if my shit really hits the fan this post will be here as a reminder of this episode!

Thx to those who read this and have an understanding of where my head is at...at least at the moment.

Slowdrawl...Dave
Thanks for sharing your experience. Fuck everyone's opinion. Post away my friend.

Travis

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
That's some scary shit and hopefully it is more of a "blip" than early onset dementia. I'm creeping up on 50, my grandfather had dementia, and I get so distracted and confused at times that I worry I'm going to have the same issues he had. No need to apologize for the post, this section is for people to talk about pretty much whatever the want.

Fiddler's Green

Just a regular vato
Hopefully you're feeling better amigo.
Like TFC said hopefully it's just a blip. My little brother called me today saying our dad was acting irritable and aggressive, then opened the windows because he was feeling like he needed fresh air. Just totally outside of his normal demeanor. I called him and he sounded totally fine still sharp as a tack but he did say he felt anxious. He's 74 I wonder if it's something that can happen at that age.

pinner420

Finally on a roll....
father just turned 78. I just took lower of attorney over his health and finances. Man getting old isn't for pussies..
Tyoe 3 diabetes lead to dementia. My dad mainlined dr pepper like some do coffee. Keep breathing good garden air and make the subtle changes.

Slowdrawl

PICK YOUR OWN
Thanks....that's very interesting!
I pretty much grew up on butter.
My mom tried to bring margarine into the picture when I was a teenager.
My dad would have nothing to do with it, nor have I during my adult life.
He started losing his memory at about 80, and needed someone to look after him the next 5 yrs.
Mom died from complications of an aortic abdominal blood clot at 80.
She was very sharp, right up to the end.

Slowdrawl

PICK YOUR OWN
Hopefully you're feeling better amigo.
Like TFC said hopefully it's just a blip. My little brother called me today saying our dad was acting irritable and aggressive, then opened the windows because he was feeling like he needed fresh air. Just totally outside of his normal demeanor. I called him and he sounded totally fine still sharp as a tack but he did say he felt anxious. He's 74 I wonder if it's something that can happen at that age.
Thx man!
Ya know I'll be 72 in 6 weeks and never would have thought I'd be experiencing this now.
I'm active and stay busy, have a positive outlook on life.
Hell I've been very happily retired since 2011, and really enjoy life as it is!
So this whole thing is something I've got to get my head wrapped around.....baby steps!!
I'm a move forward kinda guy, so we'll see how all of this works out.

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
Man, I really dig this place. It's not just pictures of herb I'd like to smoke, it's a gaggle of peeps I wouldn't mind smoking weed with. @Slowdrawl I hope to have the same positive outlook and vigor at 72 as you amigo. Thanks for sharing
Would be interesting to sit around smoking each other's weed face to face.
H could set us up a 120 days,
" all expenses paid" grow off,
help promote that big greenhouse business he's gonna run. lol
Would be nice to meet some of you. This forum is all I got that's of interest these days.

SimpleJak

Tugg Speedman

Slowdrawl...Dave

Definitely an intimidating experience. I grateful you shared it here. Documenting things is HUGE. As much as we are surrounded by technology that makes documenting much easier... I always find myself reminding myself to do these kind of good habits.

I worry about my future being similar. Dealt with my Grandma who had Alzheimer's, my mom thinks shes next and I worry for my future. as well. Your fears are totally valid. I am glad you are okay. This post hit me harder than I expected and I feel I needed it. Truly appreciate you sharing your experience.

Keep us in the loop if anything progresses into something. And if you need anything, feel free to ask!

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
Definitely an intimidating experience. I grateful you shared it here. Documenting things is HUGE. As much as we are surrounded by technology that makes documenting much easier... I always find myself reminding myself to do these kind of good habits.

I worry about my future being similar. Dealt with my Grandma who had Alzheimer's, my mom thinks shes next and I worry for my future. as well. Your fears are totally valid. I am glad you are okay. This post hit me harder than I expected and I feel I needed it. Truly appreciate you sharing your experience.

Keep us in the loop if anything progresses into something. And if you need anything, feel free to ask!
i had a blood vessel rupture in 2002 , things haven't been the same since,can't spell worth a crap.thus all the edits in my posts!

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk

The oldest male in my dad's family was 67, I have 5 years roughly left. That's scary thought.