'79 Xmas Bud IBL (?)

Smoke_A_Lot

Has anyone grown this strain out? If so how was the high and did the terpenes smell of pine? I just picked up a pack from CSI Humboldt. I'm hoping it's the same type of bud I used to buy back in the day that smelled like fresh cut pine trees. I've never had anything like it since, and hope this strain brings me back down memory lane.

Breeders Description:

"Open pollinated reproduction of the pure ’79 Xmas Bud from the east coast. A pure Indica style plant that grows like a Christmas Tree and smells of Pinene & Terpinolene. Extremely stable phenotypically. Always keep an eye out for the occasional hermaphrodite as these are open pollinated for preservation purposes and not selected seeds. Originally shared by NdNguy. 8-9 week flowering time."

wierdly

Fungas Gnat
I grew out the 79 X mas tree bud from the Useful/NDNguy preservation project. I think they were the "East Coast" part of the breeder description. The story is online somewhere. Mine were all very short and dense with a strong Pine smell. The next time I pop some I will give them a longer veg, and keep humidity very low. I would like to make some more seeds with these to look into further for the Douglas fur pheno that I remember. My 1st try I got bud rot on a few of the main colas at the end because of the high humidity. From what I could save the flower wasnt relly strong but had ad good pine flavor with a peppermint after taste. The buds were so dense some of the flower was almost white because it was shaded by the main cola. I will see if I can find the pics.

Last edited:

Opie1

Master Grower
I grew out the 79 X mas tree bud from the Useful/NDNguy preservation project. I think they were the "East Coast" part of the breeder description. The story is online somewhere. Mine were all very short and dense with a strong Pine smell. The next time I pop some I will give them a longer veg, and keep humidity very low. I would like to make some more seeds with these to look into further for the Douglas fur pheno that I remember. My 1st try I got bud rot on a few of the main colas at the end because of the high humidity. From what I could save the flower wasnt relly strong but had ad good pine flavor with a peppermint after taste. The buds were so dense some of the flower was almost white because it was shaded by the main cola. I will see if I can find the pics.
I’m gonna have to start mine, and make some fems

wierdly

Fungas Gnat
Well that sucks on the bud rot.
What humidity levels were you getting during flower?
Good to hear about this, I've got some freebies of this strain to yet run.
Super long stemmed fans!
I had a problem that went on for a while with my Ac infinity fan set to trigger by temperature during the cooler months it would shut off at night. I am sure it was jumping to 80/90% depending on the weather. The fan would kick on in the morning and clear it out b4 I knew what happened. I have since set it to stay on 24/7 and added a d huey, now it is stuck at 48% once the buds start stacking.

Smoke_A_Lot

I've heard of others getting bud rot growing this strain out, I'll have to keep a close eye on the humidity when I run it. I plan on crossing it with Kirkwood OG from Archive, and maybe Pakistani Chitral Kush also from CSI Humboldt.