5 + HB S1 strains phenol hunt for Mothers

Heisen

Dont Need One
Admin
No disrespect at all I look forward to your valuable experiences. 😊🌺👍
Ph has always remained 5.7- 6.2 .
My plants looked just-about like yours until After I over watered the 2”cubes seedling trying to auto feed Using a
Seedling tray converted to drain and flood. Which worked great now.
However the root growth even though
Busting out of the cubes under the panda paper the roots got too wet from grodan soggyness
Then had to put them into 4inch cube and went to a weekly feed watering.
Unfortunately my water was a lot at 59-64 ambient . The plants canopy dropped then recovered then we battled with finding some 4” cubes dry
Back to watering those only.
My next big setback was realized using the home kit version of dyna grow you adjust your ph with the nutrients. Having to ph down is where I found ppm as high as 1980 2170ppm
With a ph of 5.8-6.2. The girls have been true soldiers of misfortune. The seedlings all suffered due to making choices of change I was determined to achieve. I got plants & trees in pots for years. But hydro requires grodan. my grodan bitchslap lessons are hard learned and done, completed. Done with that. Integrity of a grower requires transparency & i wanted to share a realistic journey from seed to grow room good bad & ugly. 😊🌺.

I installed a 3 x 6 & a 3x3 growtray for floraflex matrix 2.5 rings going to use grow medium of roots organic 707 & biolive . Gwheels now has me hesitated about opening those 2 big freakin bags because I am clean. No bugs no mold and only genetics in the grow are HB seedlings and 1 fortunate CBD seedling. So here is the line up.
Grow these mother plants so can I take good clones I can take the extra time to observe some recovery on the ones that wanna make it. I have over 13 new crosses to drop seeds on Heisen’s last of the 2019 great purple drop!
As well there is a 4 or 5 Adub strains seed drop I wanted to do since I got almost easy 7’ from pot to light empty trays being the 3x6 and3x3.
By all means thank you each and every one for taking your valuable time and giving your help. 😊🌺👍
The issue with auto feeding in a tray is it doesnt add new oxygen to the cubes. They just soak up water and than the water evaporates out. You have to top feed them to push out the old stuff. 6 inch caps over 6 inch cubes is the way to go on this system.

Bc_ca

Super Active Member
I'm doing floraflex in soil 1 gallon pots. I will never go to anything different. It is by far the simplest and easiest way to grow beautiful plants.
Since my last video these things grow crazy
View attachment 38779

View attachment 38780
Wow!!! That is a full canopy !!! Thank you for the example I will put it into action with the purple and adub crosses seed drops in my grow.
with using the floral flex what should the correct spacing between plants.
Before I was using 20 center to center.
2 row of of 6 each in a 4x10 space or
3 rows of 6 each in a 4x 10 space
I see for seeding you use in your video
4 rows of a quite a bit 🤩 but I am simply growing flower.

Last edited:

Bc_ca

Super Active Member
Well I have water fed again this time all from the top of the block to flush out the bottom 14 4 inch blocks took 3 gallons of feed water. They will either bounce back or I’ll have a funeral but it s getting time to move on even if it’s to dirt for the moms to dirt and flora flex. I have separated a new veg room I have a3x3 grow tray for the new moms. I will close out all 3 journals and restart a new journal if a funeral is to be brought forth.
I can see right now the CO2 is a must.
I will be starting with the hanging bags. I have really enjoyed these girls except the 5th week so I will post in a few days how we are going forward.
All the very best to you and your grows
😊🌺🔥

Turpman

PICK YOUR OWN
Rock wool can be a bitch if you can’t dial in how wet they need to be.

Hears what I do.
I cut my own cube out of a slab.
About 1x1x3”
I soak in RO+150ppm calmag ph 6
Then spin the water out in a salad spinner.
Poke a hole and plant your sprout.
I never let the RW sit in water. It just soaks up to much. Use a pipet to water, less is better make them search for water. Feel the weight should not be heavy.
Use Clorox wipes on you hands before handling and keep handling to a minimum and as H said don’t squeeze.
Hear are some clones but gives you an idea of the size. What you are using should work fine. I cut these tall to have more stem contact with RW.
DEA27061-0F58-414B-87AD-20A007C2E969.jpeg

Bc_ca

Super Active Member
Excellent info thank you for the growers knowledge. I had used H2o2
Trying to crack the bbc seeds it worked awesomely and now I learn another use thank you 😊

Turpman

PICK YOUR OWN
I'm sure some of thoes would make it if you cut them out and went to promix or coco.

It happens, when I started I had a 3" plant in hydroton 5gal. DWC that was 3 months old. I pulled it out cut most of the rotten roots off and put it in dirt. She recovered and made a nice mother to take cuts off.
I would do both cut some out and pop som more seeds.

AlienAthena

Super Active Member
Aww Man! You should try to save ‘em. Cut the rockwool off as best you can without fucking up the roots too bad and stick ‘em in dirt.

Or maybe someone else has some suggestions?
I'm sure some of thoes would make it if you cut them out and went to promix or coco.

It happens, when I started I had a 3" plant in hydroton 5gal. DWC that was 3 months old. I pulled it out cut most of the rotten roots off and put it in dirt. She recovered and made a nice mother to take cuts off.
I would do both cut some out and pop som more seeds.
And If you do this make sure you have some Mycorrhizae. I use Xtreme Gardening Mykos but have heard/seen good things about Great White also; especially for hydro type grows.

Bc_ca

Super Active Member
I will utilize each and every means that
You each have provided to save the remaining seedlings. I had prepared for the worse with clonex and great white , 707roots organic, biolive and 5” grow pots to upplant to soil in the 3x3 grow pan. It’s just that if the 2” cube is the issue then the 4” cube potential to expand root core is seriously impeded. It will be grudgingly
Brutal trying to grow the plant beyond the 2” cube maybe 3 weeks get a stalk beyond the 2” cube. Meanwhile the 4” cube drys out really quick while the 2 cube is still wet. Cutting back the four inch and throw into soil is probably the best add great white biolive with dyna grow kLn it should give them as you guys presented the most potentialed way to a possible recovery.
I believe this information is highly valuable and is worthy of our attempt for recovery. I will document with pics before proceeding. Thanks guys for truly keen grower support 🌺👍

Turpman

PICK YOUR OWN
I would cut the 2” out of the 4”. Then remove pice x piece of the 2” till it’s mostly gone if not totally removed. Most of the roots are probly toast anyway. Remove dead roots. You won’t need much even 1-2” roots they will recover.
Pot them up in a party cup with coco or promix hole in bottom to drain. If promix just water. If coco 200ppm calmag. No root hormones maybe a little myco. Keep media just damp not soggy. Keep humidity high for a week or so.
Start with the real bad ones to see how bad it is and give you some practice cutting apart the RW.
Good luck I can tell you have determination just need some practice.

Bc_ca

Super Active Member
Here are the remaining seedlings
After seeing the good root development was still healthy & good on the seedlings that would not recover.....(see pics in cross strain thread)
I removed all damaged foliage.
I flushed all 11 of the remaining seedlings with uv r/o water
Ph 6.2 -6.3 and gh feed at 163ppm.
I flushed top down slowly each 4” cube individually with 12oz each.
I did note I was successful in flushing by the discoloration of the drain water From the each cube.
Here are pictures right after defoliate and flush and two more pics about 24 hrs after....
5 look healthy to make it to veg.
6 are still in icu until I flush again in 4-5
Days. They are under a 300 watt t5
20 inches above with ventilation.
Here are pics

Attachments

GOMM

PICK YOUR OWN
Here are the remaining seedlings
After seeing the good root development was still healthy & good on the seedlings that would not recover.....(see pics in cross strain thread)
I removed all damaged foliage.
I flushed all 11 of the remaining seedlings with uv r/o water
Ph 6.2 -6.3 and gh feed at 163ppm.
I flushed top down slowly each 4” cube individually with 12oz each.
I did note I was successful in flushing by the discoloration of the drain water From the each cube.
Here are pictures right after defoliate and flush and two more pics about 24 hrs after....
5 look healthy to make it to veg.
6 are still in icu until I flush again in 4-5
Days. They are under a 300 watt t5
20 inches above with ventilation.
Here are pics
There you go bro they are very resilient ladies, they will reward you for your perseverance