4x8 led recommendation?

Big Perm

Budtender
I wanna replace 2 x 600hps....covering a 4x8 footprint. Best options?
Willing to diy?
If not ask @Big Perm for a deal on a light
I can build shit....whats your recommendation for diy?
This seems to be popular around here lately:
4 pacs of qb132s and 4 lrs-350-36 drivers. That wood give 1200w total. 8 boards on each side(4×4).
Around 525 bucks for boards
And around 150 bucks for 4 drivers
Thats my vote and 2 cents
Good luck
Get 2 Amare Bar 8!
Good choice. Not sure what the OP's budget and wait time looks like. Two bar 8 is about $2400 (+/- a few hundred), and at least two months out.

Big Terps

Growing on a dime
Ya since Terpy Ty said they are out of the qb132s id go with what he reccomended then the qb120's.
4 pacs of qb120's = 525$
&
4- lrs-350-24 drivers=120$
8 boards each 4x4 560 watts per side
Plus alum angles & 18 gauge wire
Total 700-750$ for around 1100 watts

Thanks TerpyTy for heads up on qb132s
And going with what i was gonna suggest for option 2 the qb120's.
Another option maybe wood be to check out those diablo boards from hlg.
Regardless of what u choose to go with for lights, the diy quantums will be most bang for buck imo.
Good luck

Buddha61

Really Active Member
When looking at HLG website, the QB132 no longer says available on Amazon, so I reckon those might not come back there, but for $35 more you can buy directly from HLG (believe they are listed at 135 on the website).

For a 4x8, I would also give strips a consideration. The Bridgelux Gen 2. 4ft strips are 8.40 on digikey (pretty sure there is a gen 3 out, haven't looked for them though). Probably wouldn't be quite as cheap, but another viable option.

Dondell

This seems to be popular around here lately:

Good choice. Not sure what the OP's budget and wait time looks like. Two bar 8 is about $2400 (+/- a few hundred), and at least two months out.
I like the quantum boards...have 2 hlg100's for veg, and I love them...Planning on going with them for flower side.. I feel goofy spending$ 1700 on 2x550v2's....thanks for helping

Bc_ca

Super Active Member
Dooooooiiiiiiiiiiiiit. 😁
I run only HLG550 V2 Rspec in flower.
1 light on 4.0 light mover 4x8 space
Have 3 spaces lights on 12/12
Nice thing about system light moves
As canopy changes intensity remains same but stays cool because light moves. Start at 30”
Canopy expands light 24” intensity canopy still expands but at it’s own rate of need keeping at
800 1000 PPFD but again the light is always moving of course I added CO2 bags 1 bag per 4x8 rack
My room is sealed.

KMOG

Always rockin’ at half mast
I run only HLG550 V2 Rspec in flower.
1 light on 4.0 light mover 4x8 space
Have 3 spaces lights on 12/12
Nice thing about system light moves
As canopy changes intensity remains same but stays cool because light moves. Start at 30”
Canopy expands light 24” intensity canopy still expands but at it’s own rate of need keeping at
800 1000 PPFD but again the light is always moving of course I added CO2 bags 1 bag per 4x8 rack
My room is sealed.
What’re you pulling with that setup? I used to run 3x600s over a 12x12 experimentally which did an ok job. Definitely missing out on photons but im always interested to see movers in action.

KMOG

Always rockin’ at half mast
I wanna replace 2 x 600hps....covering a 4x8 footprint. Best options?
2x1000 watt se hps......youll yield a lot more. As far as most of these suggestion, you never have had adequate light in your space with those 2 x 600s. I would think about trying throwing a more appropriate amount of light in your space. 2 x 600s covers a 3.5x6-7’ area with short ceilings at most.

Ime led, cmh, hps....4x4 space needs at least 750-800 watts of whatever you’re using. 2 x 315s isn’t enough in a 4x4 to max out yield for spaces, 1 x 600 hps is about the same.

yougrowyourway

illgrowmyway
2x1000 watt se hps......youll yield a lot more. As far as most of these suggestion, you never have had adequate light in your space with those 2 x 600s. I would think about trying throwing a more appropriate amount of light in your space. 2 x 600s covers a 3.5x6-7’ area with short ceilings at most.

Ime led, cmh, hps....4x4 space needs at least 750-800 watts of whatever you’re using. 2 x 315s isn’t enough in a 4x4 to max out yield for spaces, 1 x 600 hps is about the same.
To pick your brain please lol
For a 4x4 the new HLG 650R with 4 75w daisy cobs in each corner plus 2 supplemental light bars consisting of uv and ir. In your personal opinion would i be hitting close to a right amount of light