315w cmh

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲🔥💨
60 bucks that's a good deal if you want to put this in a tent I have 1 in a 4x4 that's kicckin ass
they make adapters to use on a older style hood aswell I forget the size
i forgot to add this cut down my eletric bill a lot and good results
Thanks man. Hoping he'll reply. My hydro store says sun system hood and ushio 3000k bulb 160 otd. Option if I can't make an old hos hood and converter kit work right.

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲🔥💨
Make sure you get the right adapter , they make two different kind. One for a protected bulb and one for non protected/ for use in enclosed fixtures/hoods. Ones a PGZX18 and the other is a PGZ18. You want the PGZ18 like @Main Cola posted above which will run both kind.
oh man I got these 😬

TerpyTyrone

LED Recruiter
I use my 315 in a veg room. The ballast is part of the fixture and the temp went from 23C to 28C when i changed to the 315 from a 240 watt quantum board.
The temp is good for veg but they would get really warm in a 2 x 4 expecially through flower
I agree. The ability to separate the driver or ballast from the fixture is an added benefit.
I also think it would take a lot of air displacement through the tent to keep it cool.
I used a 1000 hps in a 4x4 at the end of last winter. With it turned doqn to 75% and a 4 inch scrubber out @ full blast and a 4 inch into the tent of makeup air @ ambient temp from thr basement and it worked until the ambient air got too warm. But we are going into winter so the cold air will be easy to come by.

Boybelue

Super Active Member
oh man I got these 😬
Going by the pic it's the right one, if you look inside where the two prongs twist in theres a shoulder around the outside edge that only goes about three quarters of the way around while the other kind has a shoulder all the way around. So the pic looks right. The protected bulb will work with either socket. All green greenpower bulbs are protected. Hope this helps
15693244716665444214639955367471.jpg1569324922698358439395051840216.jpg

Last edited:

Boybelue

Super Active Member
View attachment 23061
Any of you guys familiar with the Sunburst 315cmh? Would it get too hot to use in a 2x4? Or should I just get a 3x3?
These things run cool but I think the 2x4 would be pretty close and very dependent on ambient temps. Theyre perfect for 3x3s imho. I've ran the old Philip's 400w, GE 400w, Philip's 315w and their 330w and I swear the 330 seems to run the coolest. I know its 15 more watts and maybe I'm crazy but fwiw I can hold my hand 1" away from the 330 comfortably all day. But the 330 has the big outer envelope like the old halides which may help idk. Three inches away from the 315 and after a minute your wanting to move your hand.

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲🔥💨
Going by the pic it's the right one, if you look inside where the two prongs twist in theres a shoulder around the outside edge that only goes about three quarters of the way around while the other kind has a shoulder all the way around. So the pic looks right. The protected bulb will work with either socket. All green greenpower bulbs are protected. Hope this helps
View attachment 23077View attachment 23078
Thanks man 😅 appreciate the pics that definitely helps.

Boybelue

Super Active Member
What do you guys think of these for a "vert hood" they seem oldskool but might work?

View attachment 23393

View attachment 23394

View attachment 23395
You can buy the Philip's 330w cmh 4k bulb for those, they are designed to run on that exact ballast. I have four that I use for veg and have flowered under them . I dont think they make the 330s anymore but there is a lot of old stock out there. Some folks run the 315 on those old mag 400s and say they work fine. I do know the 330 was designed for those and like I say they are awesome. I got my bulbs off ebay and last I looked there was still quite a few on there. Average around 20 bucks per bulb and they use the screw type mogul socket.
Just noticed the 277v , have you opened them up to see if they are multi tap so you can change to 110/120 or 220/240v ?

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲🔥💨
Couldnt find many on ebay just now!
View attachment 23490View attachment 23491
You can open them up and wire the pigtail up to the outputs to the lamps so you can use any sun systems reflectors.
Thanks BB. Saw them for sale so haven't picked em up. Do you think they'll get hot in the tent with the ballast attached? And $70 for 3 bulbs on eBay is nice. I want to stay 3100k so if 315s will work then I might take a chance. They also look really heavy.