1st harvest !

ShysteGrow

novicegrower
Veg a lot longer next time and get them in larger pots. That girl is super tiny so you will wind up with very little once you dry it out.
Haha I feel u vegged under some cfls for 3-4 weeks waiting on my led.. but yes veg longer ! Already have bigger pots also ready .. hoping to get a oz. (lol I don't have high hopes) got another plant bout the same size but topped .. but yes next run we b better I have learned a lot.

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
Haha I feel u vegged under some cfls for 3-4 weeks waiting on my led.. but yes veg longer ! Already have bigger pots also ready .. hoping to get a oz. (lol I don't have high hopes) got another plant bout the same size but topped .. but yes next run we b better I have learned a lot.
The flower looks great, there just isn't much of it :giggle:
The total dry weight will be about 25% of the wet weight. I'm sure you'll get a lot more with the next run!

Proud420

The plant is small so becareful when drying, you want to dry slowly so you don't end up with some hay smelling weed.
I suggest you just cut the main stalk and dry it inside a paper bag or cardboard box, you are aiming at at least a week of drying. Keeping the leaves will help you to release the moisture slowly.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
What u think? Is she's ready?
NO!
If you are only going to get a little taste, make it worth your effort!

3rd pic - you can see through all those trich heads. Looks fantastic, but not done.1593993990025.png
You want those to look milky and opaque. once they do you'll be able to see a visual difference with the naked eye. Less shine to them and more white looking. Then you start looking for ambers in these little nooks and cranny's like you have pictured.

I AM

Roxxanne!!!...:LOL:

You did a kick ass job...
Fan leafs trimmed...24hr dry.
Small leafs trimmed...24hr more.
Sugar leafs trimmed...24hr more.
48 hours...then jar for 1 hr to check humidity.
Under 60%, your good. Over 60%, un jar for 24 hr and repeat.

I burp like a mad man...because I like to huff weed. Jarred under 60% RH will result in XXxplosive terps. Get a "Xikar" for your jar.
Trust me, i opened my tupper ware for 5 minutes an the mass transit driver stop the bus like...
"However got it...Get off!!!" Lmao.

Enjoy.

ShysteGrow

novicegrower
Roxxanne!!!...:LOL:

You did a kick ass job...
Fan leafs trimmed...24hr dry.
Small leafs trimmed...24hr more.
Sugar leafs trimmed...24hr more.
48 hours...then jar for 1 hr to check humidity.
Under 60%, your good. Over 60%, un jar for 24 hr and repeat.

I burp like a mad man...because I like to huff weed. Jarred under 60% RH will result in XXxplosive terps. Get a "Xikar" for your jar.
Trust me, i opened my tupper ware for 5 minutes an the mass transit driver stop the bus like...
"However got it...Get off!!!" Lmao.

Enjoy.
4 days went by checked it branch had just lil snap in it so I took er down sittin 57-59% rh jarred up. Do you think I got there to fast? Plant was tiny like 17gs.

I AM

Personally: at 59% at the 1st jarring...i constantly burp the jars. Burp...burp...burp.

I inspect each bud with a diamond loupe...
That way i can spot any hidden flaws like spores or bud rotting. I handle each bud to manage the transition from harvest to bag appeal. Smelling and lightly squeezing the bud for changes in core density. I lost 3oz. From a 1/4 lb. Of pineapple chunk due to unchecked humidity build up.

I did the snap test an the bud was dry to the touch...however, there was moisture still inside the core of the bud. I relaxed an left it jarred for 36 hours... came back an 3oz. had mold. I could see the condensation inside the jars...never again.

I burp and inspect for 1 hr. Every 4 hrs. Until I literally witness the transformation from late flower to harvest to dry to bag appeal to cure...im a maniac.

Last edited:

I AM

Lmao. My 1st harvest was a total shit show. My bud was premature. It smelled like hay. I dried in tin foil. Lol. My shit was brick at best.

My 2nd harvest was better..
mature atleast. Smoked it wet & gooey. Guess it dried with time.

My 3rd. A mold show.

My 4th harvest i wrote a manual. Every harvest since has been AAA.
The end. Lmao.

I AM

You start with wet weight...at chop.
When i was learning i flash dried a few harvest. & under dried others. My quest was for undenible dank. I wasnt getting that.
So i broke down the entire after harvest process to find my fuck ups.

I started the 5 day dry to break down each part of the tree. Fan leaf to mini leaf to sugar leaf. So i trim the plant in the drying process. Making sure to get right next to the stem when i remove even the sugar leaf.

The entire time, im focused on keeping everything the same as it was before harvest. I set 60% rh as a anti mold gauge. I still made it a priorty to burp & air the buds to really dig into why the odors had changed in the past. My logic said...it was bomb before harvest it shoudnt change. So that how i got to the 1:4 hour burp cycles. I did that for 5 more days...

Thats when i notice the odor profile explode.
The transition would go from a good solid nose to a light fade in odor...then a POP of terps. I could open the jar in the master bedroom an my old lady could smell it down a hallway around a corner an back into kitchen. Crazy. That was when i knew i had it worked out.

IF...you think you are going to Over dry it...stop at 56%. That 4 hrs. jarred will tell the tail. Remember you can always add a boveda pack to bring the RH back...an get that sponge like texture going.

Alllĺl right!!!

sfrigon1

Seed Aficionado
You start with wet weight...at chop.
When i was learning i flash dried a few harvest. & under dried others. My quest was for undenible dank. I wasnt getting that.
So i broke down the entire after harvest process to find my fuck ups.

I started the 5 day dry to break down each part of the tree. Fan leaf to mini leaf to sugar leaf. So i trim the plant in the drying process. Making sure to get right next to the stem when i remove even the sugar leaf.

The entire time, im focused on keeping everything the same as it was before harvest. I set 60% rh as a anti mold gauge. I still made it a priorty to burp & air the buds to really dig it why the odors had changed in the past. My logic said...it was bomb before harvest it shoudnt change. So that how i got to the 1:4 hour burp cycles. I did that for 5 more days...

Thats when i notice the odor profile explode.
The transition would go from a good solid nose to a light fade in odor...then a POP of terps. I could open the jar in the master bedroom an my old lady could smell it down a hallway around a corner an back into kitchen. Crazy. That was when i knew i had it worked out.

IF...you think you are going to Over dry it...stop at 56%. That 4 hrs. jarred will tell the tail. Remember you can always add a boveda pack to bring the RH back...an get that sponge like texture going.

Alllĺl right!!!
U want dank bud , dry as slow as possible. Maybe 8to twelve days . I noticed that the bud keeps longer as well when u slow dry. Obviously just my opinion 👍
60 degrees and 60 percent is perfect w very slight air movement.