1920w and 1280w Monster Strip builds

WhyteWidow

Led Tech
Ok I figured I'd go ahead and start this thread. Gonna document these two massive builds.

First up @Tman42 light

1920 Watt Monster

60 strips. Mixed spectrum. 2700k, 3500k, 5000k strips. It will have 7,616 diodes total. 4 drivers. And will can be expanded up to 2,880w using the same amount of strips. By just adding two extra drivers. These diodes are gonna be driven extremely soft. For the best efficiency. So soft in fact adding the two extra drivers and pushing it to 2880w it will still be very efficient. Using legit heatsinks. Full wifi control from his phone at all times. No matter where hes at. As long as his phone has service or connected to a wifi network somewhere. Along with a few extra goodies that I havent told him about yet.

Up next @Green_256 light

1280 Watt massive flower only.

This light will be 32 strips flower only. Mix of 2700k and 4000k strips. Thos light is also being built with the same strips. Being driven super super soft. And can be expanded up to 1920 watts with two added in drivers down the road. If he so chooses.

Both these lights are going to be one off lights. I wont make another one like either one. Both lights will have sliding strips. If they want to adjust the spacing between the strips. Or group strips together. These light both will be built in two sections to be hung separately. But can be connected once hung. To make one single fixture. Or attached together and then hung. The lights will give them the most head room possible. Coming in under roughly 5" in total thickness....

All parts for Tmans light have been ordered. All the strips and heatsinks have been ordered for Greens light. Still gotta order the drivers. I am honored to be building these massive lights for these guys. Thank you for your business. And look forward to building both you guys the second light we have both talked about in the coming weeks/months.

I appreciate ya,
WhyteWidoW

Green_256

What's a SIP?
oh yea! next up is my veg lights!! I appreciate you hooking us up! one day I'm gunna have to have the boss man fly you down to build us lights to cover a 40x40! lmfao, was talking with the boss about it today!

also I'm getting the WiFi as well, correct? I don't mind paying the extra for it, seems it will pay for itself! especially the warnings and stuff, in case something goes wrong and I'm not home! truly amazing how far technology has came over time!

Last edited:

Tman42

Insanely Active Member
Ok I figured I'd go ahead and start this thread. Gonna document these two massive builds.

First up @Tman42 light

1920 Watt Monster

60 strips. Mixed spectrum. 2700k, 3500k, 5000k strips. It will have 7,616 diodes total. 4 drivers. And will can be expanded up to 2,880w using the same amount of strips. By just adding two extra drivers. These diodes are gonna be driven extremely soft. For the best efficiency. So soft in fact adding the two extra drivers and pushing it to 2880w it will still be very efficient. Using legit heatsinks. Full wifi control from his phone at all times. No matter where hes at. As long as his phone has service or connected to a wifi network somewhere. Along with a few extra goodies that I havent told him about yet.

Up next @Green_256 light

1280 Watt massive flower only.

This light will be 32 strips flower only. Mix of 2700k and 4000k strips. Thos light is also being built with the same strips. Being driven super super soft. And can be expanded up to 1920 watts with two added in drivers down the road. If he so chooses.

Both these lights are going to be one off lights. I wont make another one like either one. Both lights will have sliding strips. If they want to adjust the spacing between the strips. Or group strips together. These light both will be built in two sections to be hung separately. But can be connected once hung. To make one single fixture. Or attached together and then hung. The lights will give them the most head room possible. Coming in under roughly 5" in total thickness....

All parts for Tmans light have been ordered. All the strips and heatsinks have been ordered for Greens light. Still gotta order the drivers. I am honored to be building these massive lights for these guys. Thank you for your business. And look forward to building both you guys the second light we have both talked about in the coming weeks/months.

I appreciate ya,
WhyteWidoW
Dude, thank you so much for this build! I have been wanting to make the switch over to LED but was worried about doing it. Not any longer thanks to all the help and expertise you have given me. I am super excited for this light and can't wait to find out what the extra goodies are that you are including (like this badass light needed any more goodies lol). The suspense is killing me but this thread will at least give me an opportunity to see how things are coming along. Can't wait to hang it in my tent. Not only will i save on electricity and cut down the heat but it is also going to take up less headroom in my tent. My current hoods (Epic 8") take up 12" of valuable space so this will be a great thing. Thanks again Whyte!

WhyteWidow

Led Tech
Dude, thank you so much for this build! I have been wanting to make the switch over to LED but was worried about doing it. Not any longer thanks to all the help and expertise you have given me. I am super excited for this light and can't wait to find out what the extra goodies are that you are including (like this badass light needed any more goodies lol). The suspense is killing me but this thread will at least give me an opportunity to see how things are coming along. Can't wait to hang it in my tent. Not only will i save on electricity and cut down the heat but it is also going to take up less headroom in my tent. My current hoods (Epic 8") take up 12" of valuable space so this will be a great thing. Thanks again Whyte!

I ordered custom made Tnutz frame, I'm friends with the owner of it. Its gonna take an extra 3 days to get. But it's worth it. Bc its knocking of 5 1/2" of thickness. The regular framing would make it almost 9" thick. By the time heatsinks and drivers are added. But now. I'm hoping to be 1 1/2" thicker than the driver, with this new framing. The driver is only 43.8mm thick.(1.72") roughly 1 3/4" inches thick. Then heatsinks added. And framing. I'm shooting for 4" total thickness of the light. So you should have plenty of head room.

Nyaga

Junior Soil Food Web Consultant
What model diodes are you using though? OSRAM/SAMSUNG/BIDGELUX/CREE. Strips is a very easy build to do with a management system between the drivers and the wallsocket.

WhyteWidow

Led Tech
What model diodes are you using though? OSRAM/SAMSUNG/BIDGELUX/CREE. Strips is a very easy build to do with a management system between the drivers and the wallsocket.
I use Osram, Samsung, Bridgelux, and cree diodes. I dont use cheap ass shit diodes. I source all my parts from legitimate places. I dont use Chinese knockoffs and pass them off as real deal shit. And not everyone knows how to build, wire, and program lighting. And NO-ONE does it at my price. To get 2k watts of legit leds to flower a 4x8 or even 5x10 tent. Will cost you around 3 grand. Amares new solar bar 8 would take two of them to flower a 5x10. And you're lookn at 3400 bucks to your door. And is only 35w per sqft. I imagine you'll get lots of lower fluff/popcorn. And it's not expandable. For future. If they decide to go bigger later on. The 1280w light can push up to 1920w efficiently. And the 1920w light can go up to 2880w. Both without adding anymore light sources. Only two extra drivers, bc of they way I run the diodes and wire it up. They will have full wireless control of their lights as well as temp and humidity monitoring. No matter where they are in the world. As long as their phone has service or connected to wifi somewhere, and does away with all external timers. Also the strips can be slid back n forth on the framing. To group strips together, or slide them where ever they want. Show me another light that can do any of that. Especially even close to my pricing. Under a dollar a watt. ILL SAVE YOU SOME TIME. You cant and wont.

WhyteWidow

Led Tech
Well had another big purchase today. Adding 4 more 960w builds to this thread. For a total of 6 builds. For a total of 7040 watts. In all the builds. This thread is gonna be epic. I wanna give thanks to everyone buying lights. I'm stoked to see my builds out there kicking big companies asses.

Edit: well the one dude paid and then backed out. So back to two slots open.

Last edited:

WhyteWidow

Led Tech
I have a 510+ watt light for sale. 13 strips 3 drivers. I built for someone and they never paid for it. So it's up for sale. Plug in and go. Drivers are mounted on the back of the light. And can be removed. Strips are mounted with thermal tape. Runs very cool. Can be reconfigured for less wattage and more efficient or more with a driver added. Shes ready to go. Built on a 30x24 frame I believe. If interested I could get exact dimension. Only 6 inches thick total. Even less if drivers are remote mounted. Remote mounting would make it super thin.

Drivers:
HLG-240H-24A
HLG-150H-24B
HLG-120H-24A

Strips:
(6)Samsung H inFlux_L06 LM301B 4k 560mm
(4)Samsung F562b Gen 3 LM561C 4k 560mm
(3)Samsung F562b Gen 3 LM561C 3k 560mm

The H inFlux_L06 strips are being run at 1666mA @24vdc 39.9w each for a total of 279.8w
Max current on these is 2200mA

The F562b 4k strips are being run at 1575mA @24vdc 37.8w each for a total of 151.2w
Max current on these is 1800mA

The F562b 3k strips are being run at 1666mA @24vdc 40w each for a total of 120w

Maxed clear out the light will push 551 watts.
All strips are legit Samsung diodes. Also posted on IG

Edit: for pic. I thought I posted a pic of it.
20181226_173542.jpg

Last edited:

Green_256

What's a SIP?
I have a 510+ watt light for sale. 13 strips 3 drivers. I built for someone and they never paid for it. So it's up for sale. Plug in and go. Drivers are mounted on the back of the light. And can be removed. Strips are mounted with thermal tape. Runs very cool. Can be reconfigured for less wattage and more efficient or more with a driver added. Shes ready to go. Built on a 30x24 frame I believe. If interested I could get exact dimension. Only 6 inches thick total. Even less if drivers are remote mounted. Remote mounting would make it super thin.

Drivers:
HLG-240H-24A
HLG-150H-24B
HLG-120H-24A

Strips:
(6)Samsung H inFlux_L06 LM301B 4k 560mm
(4)Samsung F562b Gen 3 LM561C 4k 560mm
(3)Samsung F562b Gen 3 LM561C 3k 560mm

The H inFlux_L06 strips are being run at 1666mA @24vdc 39.9w each for a total of 279.8w
Max current on these is 2200mA

The F562b 4k strips are being run at 1575mA @24vdc 37.8w each for a total of 151.2w

The F562b 3k strips are being run at 1666mA @24vdc 40w each for a total of 120w

Maxed clear out the light will push 551 watts.
All strips are legit Samsung diodes. Also posted on IG
would this be a veg light? also what space does it cover?