10k CMH finishing bullb

Primo bozo

Big veiny dick
Does anyone have any experience with the 10k bulb's? I'm thinking about getting some, but I don't know anyone who has used them. $90.00 a bulb is a bit steep, especially when I will need 7 minimum for the flower room. What I would like to know is, do they make a significant difference in the end product? It seems like a huge waste of money if they don't really make much difference.

Primo bozo

Big veiny dick
I would think total frostiness is more a genetic factor than an environmental factor. Gotta start with the best genetics.
Very true, but once you have the genetic factor, then you can experiment with the environmental tweaks. If it can be done, then it should be done. Besides, there is so much we still don't know about this plant, using different light spectrums could have either positive, or negative effect, not only on trich development, but on any number of factors, just a thought.

Skunkle Justin

Very true, but once you have the genetic factor, then you can experiment with the environmental tweaks. If it can be done, then it should be done. Besides, there is so much we still don't know about this plant, using different light spectrums could have either positive, or negative effect, not only on trich development, but on any number of factors, just a thought.
I know this is an older post, but here’s my two cents... Not all plants will drive up their terpene and cannabinoid production the same amount under UV light. Some plants require a low humidity, some a longer light cycle (or higher DLI), and others will respond to nutrient stress to boost the terps, purps, potency. First thing first, determine what genetics you have that respond to that light stress, and then make the additional investment. When it comes to commercial growing, the investment has to be worth less than the profits gained from it. So, if you aren’t sure that the genetics you are running will respond well to the higher UV output of those 10K lights, you’re wasting your money. A lot of growers are always trying to add all kinds of extra “bling” to their setup like it’s a car show or something hoping to gain another 10% of product. Just don’t forget all the little things like man-hours for changing out bulbs, someone dropping something on one of your plants, or causing light burn while you’re trying to learn the nuances of a new light. I would make sure everything else (DLI, VPD, RH, IPM, temps, irrigation/fertigation systems) is dialed in nice and tight before going this route. Thoughts??