Humboldt Seed Co Magic Melon

Nobighurry

PICK YOUR OWN
Well the ones that actually have a blueberry smell, you'd probably get higher smoking an actual blueberry plant.

She was a bit nute finnicky also.
I ran fast buds blueberry which made your mouth water but I have to agree she was a hemp like high, I grew some humbolt bluedream autos they were cute lil plants a couple had decent blueberry smell but the buds were airy and the buzz was weak.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I ran fast buds blueberry which made your mouth water but I have to agree she was a hemp like high, I grew some humbolt bluedream autos they were cute lil plants a couple had decent blueberry smell but the buds were airy and the buzz was weak.
I just got my Forum Cut GSC dry enough to try a bit, and I think I may have found part of the answer. My head was (almost)perfectly clear, but the body high was noticable. The anthocyanins found in purple weed is supposed to be good for pain, not necessarily good for a high as a terp isolate. Obviously the GSC isn't blueberry, but I think the theory is sound. I think a weaker body high might go unnoticed by us high-tolerance types.

I am all about the terps, but the stinkier the better. I think the foulest smelling stuff has undertones of all those other flavors. Some flavorful terps do nothing for the high but add to the overall experience. Isolating for those specific terps out of a flavor goal is probably cancelling out some of the good shit.

I also think that a randomly occurring blueberry (or other sweet varietal) pheno in a dank strain will necessarily be more potent. Which is the draw of some of the elite/heirloom cuts - and the thing that can't be reproduced easily in seed form.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
The new lineup with one of the 7 gallons gone. Three Vin Santo and a ChemD.
IMG_6262.JPG
Double PTK pot, two Royals and a Freak
IMG_6267.JPG
and the 007up got moved in here. I found a few shiny new nanners on the Chemdog, I think I got them in time, but a magical bean or three on something that got a little Chemdog pollen is a thing of legend... On the other hand, I also found a few on the 007up. Unlike the Chemdog that is lovingly known to toss a nanner and where it is worth it for the qulity of the bud - I almost culled the 007up. Fuck the Swamp Boys. I am convinced that breeding seeds in hydro is probably not the best option. That or they just can't select breeding plants for shit. The Mojito replacement pack is further down on my drop list and will be watched slosely.
IMG_6264.JPG
And the babies are getting fresh air now so I cupped the replacement drop. IMG_6280.JPG

So after smoking some of my dried Magic Melon I have decided she will be my first reversal and S1 attempt. So Mom is in the front and I took 2 cuts off her right when I flipped her to flower 3-4 weeks ago. Those cuts went directly to 12/12 with her and I am now on day 3 of spraying the cut on the right twice a day with an Amazon purchased(fingers corssed) collodial silver. If I can get that cut to reverse I am then going to try and pollinate the cut on the left with her/his pollen. I feel like I am doing weed science :ROFLMAO:
MM D31 Cuts D21.jpg
MM R D2 of CS.jpgMM D31 Cuts D21.jpg MM D31 Cuts D21 B.jpg MM R D2 of CS.jpg

Nobighurry

PICK YOUR OWN
I just got my Forum Cut GSC dry enough to try a bit, and I think I may have found part of the answer. My head was (almost)perfectly clear, but the body high was noticable. The anthocyanins found in purple weed is supposed to be good for pain, not necessarily good for a high as a terp isolate. Obviously the GSC isn't blueberry, but I think the theory is sound. I think a weaker body high might go unnoticed by us high-tolerance types.

I am all about the terps, but the stinkier the better. I think the foulest smelling stuff has undertones of all those other flavors. Some flavorful terps do nothing for the high but add to the overall experience. Isolating for those specific terps out of a flavor goal is probably cancelling out some of the good shit.

I also think that a randomly occurring blueberry (or other sweet varietal) pheno in a dank strain will necessarily be more potent. Which is the draw of some of the elite/heirloom cuts - and the thing that can't be reproduced easily in seed form.
Not sure where I been on this thread gezz stoners anyway interesting info on the anthocyanins I will definitely check this out I'd love to have a strain that took a bigger chunk of pain away Bluedream was the first strain that actually helped my back pain and didn't just get me high you maybe onto something! Thanks

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Not sure where I been on this thread gezz stoners anyway interesting info on the anthocyanins I will definitely check this out I'd love to have a strain that took a bigger chunk of pain away Bluedream was the first strain that actually helped my back pain and didn't just get me high you maybe onto something! Thanks
That is one of many terpenes. I think a lot of them have specific things they are good at. The 'entourage' effect of having weed with a larger variety of terps is what gets you to that "back in the day" buzz. Fuck whatever strain it is, or cross, or whatever. Going just by buzz, if you breed for anything besides buzz you may be removing pieces of the puzzle.

Like, to get the purple weed is easy. You drop a bunch, cull the greens and breed on. Don't even need to grow it out because all you care about is purple. But you are bottlenecking the strain based on one trait and any terps that are associated with the green will disappear or be recessive.

No balls yet on the clone on the right yet on day 28 of flower.
MM D38F Cuts D28F.jpg
I will continue to spray her twice a day and hopefully she will reverse and If she does M3 will get preggerz and become S1.(I think I got that right)
MM D38F Cuts D28F.jpgM2 Rev D09 CS.jpgM3 Future Seed Mom D28F.jpg

Mommy Melon(Front Center) is swelling up nice and starting her fade and the cut I have been spraying twice a day for the past 23 days(Back Right) looks to be throwing nanners. Her sister(cut on the back left) is looking nice and hairy and hoping she will be getting some pollen soon. These pics are pretty crappy but so is this phone. Black Friday deals can't drop soon enough. :ROFLMAO:
MM D52F.jpg
MM D52F.jpgM2 Rev D23 CS.jpgM3 Future Seed Mom D42F.jpg

Nobighurry

PICK YOUR OWN
That is one of many terpenes. I think a lot of them have specific things they are good at. The 'entourage' effect of having weed with a larger variety of terps is what gets you to that "back in the day" buzz. Fuck whatever strain it is, or cross, or whatever. Going just by buzz, if you breed for anything besides buzz you may be removing pieces of the puzzle.

Like, to get the purple weed is easy. You drop a bunch, cull the greens and breed on. Don't even need to grow it out because all you care about is purple. But you are bottlenecking the strain based on one trait and any terps that are associated with the green will disappear or be recessive.
Thanks for the info, The purple canyon I just chopped has some purple in the buds I can't wait for the cure to be finished...image.jpeg

Mommy Melon's nugz are getting heavy and a bunch of her colas are just about to start to stage diving on day 59 of flower.
MM D59F.jpg
The cut I have been spraying with CS now for 30 days looks to have a male pollen sack about to open but I am about out of spray. I'm starting to think I may get a few seeds out this experiment but I doubt I am going to get any pollen. We'll see...
M2 Rev D30 CS.jpg
M3 Future Seed Mom D49F.jpg

Magic Melon D66F. I'm going to let her go another week or 2 until I see a good amount of amber trichomes.
MM D66F.jpg
The cut I have been spraying for with CS for 37 days now is still trying to push out some pollen sacks but I don't think it's going to happen. Either Magic Melon just doesn't like to reverse or the CS spray I am using isn't very good.
M2 Rev D37 CS.jpg
I also think I messed the timing up with the potential seed mom cut as she is pretty far along now and I don't know how well she would seed even if she was hit with some good pollen from a successful reversal.
M3 Future Seed Mom D56F.jpg
Was still a fun experiment and I bet when you get a plant to actually reverse it puts a really big smile on ones face.

My reversal attempt on 2 fresh cuts that went straight to flower for 69 days in the hopes to make some Magic Melon S1 beans is now over. The cut I sprayed with CS for 42 days(Cut on the Right) tried to spit out a few male pollen sacks but never got them fully deployed. I think my store bought CS probably sucked.
1637477846162.png

MM ALL.JPG
CS2.JPG
CS.JPG
Mom 2.jpg